Quote Originally Posted by Rob-Xar View Post
Yes, as Chris M said - We've got lists from the particular subjects - web features & small changes. This thread is aimed at a wider picture, what is a big feature or change you would like to see with no particular restrictions as the previous two were. Anything and everything, whether you have mentioned it before or not but I have taken notes from the previous list and this one to suggest a number of features and changes for V17.

iamtheblues - Honestly that is a load of crap. If you feel like your wasting your time then why even reply. We started the thread for the reasons above and that's it.
I am sorry that you feel that way, Rob.
It just that we have responded throughout the Dear Xara... forum with many and varied suggested that have not merited any replies from Dear Xara. We feel that we are being kept in the dark by virtue of the lack of responses and rightly are feeling somewhat aggrieved as a result. Then we get a reply from Jolly Matt Boulton which comes straight from the CEO Manual of how to deal with Disgruntled Underlings and now I am writing 'a load of crap' well, if that's how you all feel then why bother at all. Shut down the Talk Graphics site as it is obviously just a sham. The Xara marque has been dealt a mortal blow by collusion with Magix. The program is becoming difficult to work with as pop-ups appear at evey move we make, interrupting our workflow. It has regressed to such a point that I would rather use Xtreme 5 than the dog's breakfast we are served up with each successive release at great expense. I only continue to use Xara because I am familiar with it, but I am feeling that my investment in time and money have been wasted. I know it isn't your fault, but without anyone else being prepared to listen you are taking the flak.
Just cut out all the shiny bells and whistles and let's have some innovative improvements (already suggested here) and tell whoever is responsible that the current subscription model isn't fooling anyone...money is changing hands and the mug has been the customer for far too long now.