Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: What is a major feature or improvement you would like to see in Xara?

Quote Originally Posted by Fred vanderZee View Post
    My list (again):

1. 16-bit colour channels for exports. I use large gradients that show banding in 8-bit.
    2. Movable fall off for stroke shapes/pressure profiles. The fall off is now from start to end of a line, it would be a great time saver for me to have it made adjustable.
    3. Bigger export sizes than the appr. 18000 px. And no, pdf is not working for me, my images take to much time to genereate in pdf and a lot of it is exported as bitmaps.

If one of these makes it to a new version, I'll promise to upgrade.
    If Xara is not connected to the internet, you don't get nagged by the screen. I don't need the internet-related stuff so I blocked all traffic: https://fossbytes.com/block-program-...ernet-windows/
    If needed you can switch off the blocking rule for a moment.

Default Re: What is a major feature or improvement you would like to see in Xara?

Different (coloured) icons for each major and sub version of any Xara Desktop application.
    I have v16.2, v15.1 and v12.8.1 all installed and all purple.

I am so looking forward to a purple v17.0. Not!

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

The icons should be different Acorn, Certainly at least 15 and 16 ... I don't have 12. on the desktop at least.

However, don't forget that when Windows explorer shows icons, the icon is for the application registered to use that extension, not each independent version. So generally every .XAR or .WEB file will show the Purple V16 icon. That's the only one I remember being purple.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2019.08.05_13h23m20s_001_.png 
Views:	82 
Size:	14.3 KB 
ID:	124698  
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by ss-kalm View Post
    The icons should be different Acorn, Certainly at least 15 and 16 ... I don't have 12. on the desktop at least.
    However, don't forget that when Windows explorer shows icons, the icon is for the application registered to use that extension, not each independent version. So generally every .XAR or .WEB file will show the Purple V16 icon. That's the only one I remember being purple.
    It is not the file association icons I am concerned about; I understand that a file extension can only be associated to one application. No, it is the application icon itself. Currently, all three as the same icon. I have assumed that the icons are embedded in the executable and can not be altered by use.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Fix the bug that turns Text Lines into groups of individual characters. Seems to happen when the Text Line is grouped with a shape like a box, for example. Doesn't happen immediately. But after opening and closing the same document many times, building the project, it eventually occurs, and has been doing since I started using Xara over a year ago. Extremely disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim McBoat View Post
    Fix the bug that turns Text Lines into groups of individual characters. Seems to happen when the Text Line is grouped with a shape like a box, for example. Doesn't happen immediately. But after opening and closing the same document many times, building the project, it eventually occurs, and has been doing since I started using Xara over a year ago. Extremely disappointing.
    Jim, just opened and closed a file as you describe 10 times with no perverse happenings.

Acorn

Lightbulb Re: What is a major feature or improvement you would like to see in Xara?

Dear Xara...

Xara HTML filter
    • Render Tables as HTML Tables with metadata for screen readers.
    • Render Bullets as HTML <UL> Lists.
    • Render Text as <DIV>, handling all Justification correctly.
    • Implement Names on text blocks properly and not into a blank <SPAN>.
    • Handle SVGs in the same manner as JPEGs and PNGs.

Acorn