Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Default Re: What is a major feature or improvement you would like to see in Xara?

I see Bob's point of view though - a list of all the things asked for in the past going way back, that never materialised, would be long indeed, as Jono implied

If we get feedback from current requests then perhaps there will be a reason to continue
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Default Re: What is a major feature or improvement you would like to see in Xara?

Quote Originally Posted by Rob-Xar View Post
    Yes, as Chris M said - We've got lists from the particular subjects - web features & small changes. This thread is aimed at a wider picture, what is a big feature or change you would like to see with no particular restrictions as the previous two were. Anything and everything, whether you have mentioned it before or not but I have taken notes from the previous list and this one to suggest a number of features and changes for V17.

iamtheblues - Honestly that is a load of crap. If you feel like your wasting your time then why even reply. We started the thread for the reasons above and that's it.
    I am sorry that you feel that way, Rob.
    It just that we have responded throughout the Dear Xara... forum with many and varied suggested that have not merited any replies from Dear Xara. We feel that we are being kept in the dark by virtue of the lack of responses and rightly are feeling somewhat aggrieved as a result. Then we get a reply from Jolly Matt Boulton which comes straight from the CEO Manual of how to deal with Disgruntled Underlings and now I am writing 'a load of crap' well, if that's how you all feel then why bother at all. Shut down the Talk Graphics site as it is obviously just a sham. The Xara marque has been dealt a mortal blow by collusion with Magix. The program is becoming difficult to work with as pop-ups appear at evey move we make, interrupting our workflow. It has regressed to such a point that I would rather use Xtreme 5 than the dog's breakfast we are served up with each successive release at great expense. I only continue to use Xara because I am familiar with it, but I am feeling that my investment in time and money have been wasted. I know it isn't your fault, but without anyone else being prepared to listen you are taking the flak.
    Just cut out all the shiny bells and whistles and let's have some innovative improvements (already suggested here) and tell whoever is responsible that the current subscription model isn't fooling anyone...money is changing hands and the mug has been the customer for far too long now.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

@Rob-Xar, as you are aware I emailed Magix and Xara on 17 January with a number of suggestions around access to essential Components following the end of the Update Service cover.

I am still waiting for any reply. Would you like me to republish the body of the email here as it is directly relevant to this Thread?

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I did the same and also suggested a complete overhaul of the content catalogue for version 17. I don't know its likeliness at this point but you'd enjoy V17 if we can get what we suggested approved.

My list (again):

1. 16-bit colour channels for exports. I use large gradients that show banding in 8-bit.
    2. Movable fall off for stroke shapes/pressure profiles. The fall off is now from start to end of a line, it would be a great time saver for me to have it made adjustable.
    3. Bigger export sizes than the appr. 18000 px. And no, pdf is not working for me, my images take to much time to genereate in pdf and a lot of it is exported as bitmaps.

If one of these makes it to a new version, I'll promise to upgrade.

A way to "not show again" the update nag that is displayed when you start Designer Pro after your update service has expired.

I checked with Xara support, their response " I am afraid there is no such option."

Quote Originally Posted by Promidi View Post
    A way to "not show again" the update nag that is displayed when you start Designer Pro after your update service has expired.
    I checked with Xara support, their response " I am afraid there is no such option."
    Someone better hold the Exit door open.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Fred vanderZee View Post
    My list (again):

1. 16-bit colour channels for exports. I use large gradients that show banding in 8-bit.
    2. Movable fall off for stroke shapes/pressure profiles. The fall off is now from start to end of a line, it would be a great time saver for me to have it made adjustable.
    3. Bigger export sizes than the appr. 18000 px. And no, pdf is not working for me, my images take to much time to genereate in pdf and a lot of it is exported as bitmaps.

If one of these makes it to a new version, I'll promise to upgrade.
    If Xara is not connected to the internet, you don't get nagged by the screen. I don't need the internet-related stuff so I blocked all traffic: https://fossbytes.com/block-program-...ernet-windows/
    If needed you can switch off the blocking rule for a moment.

Different (coloured) icons for each major and sub version of any Xara Desktop application.
    I have v16.2, v15.1 and v12.8.1 all installed and all purple.

I am so looking forward to a purple v17.0. Not!

Acorn

The icons should be different Acorn, Certainly at least 15 and 16 ... I don't have 12. on the desktop at least.

However, don't forget that when Windows explorer shows icons, the icon is for the application registered to use that extension, not each independent version. So generally every .XAR or .WEB file will show the Purple V16 icon. That's the only one I remember being purple.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2019.08.05_13h23m20s_001_.png 
Views:	74 
Size:	14.3 KB 
ID:	124698  
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.