Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Latest News feature for Home Page?

I would like to include 'Latest News' on the Home Page, but I only want to show a few basic details and a hyperlink to fuller details elsewhere. Is there a widget or something that will manage this for me? I've seen RSS feeds presented in this way, but I only want to pull the information from my own website. I've also seen 'Latest Updates' features on Home Pages that show the date and time the latest changes were uploaded, so it appears to be automated. Is this a widget you can download and is it the same as the functionality I need for the 'Latest News' ? I would be really grateful if someone could point me in the right direction!
    IP

Default Re: Latest News feature for Home Page?

Quote Originally Posted by Pashtari View Post
    I would like to include 'Latest News' on the Home Page, but I only want to show a few basic details and a hyperlink to fuller details elsewhere. Is there a widget or something that will manage this for me? I've seen RSS feeds presented in this way, but I only want to pull the information from my own website. I've also seen 'Latest Updates' features on Home Pages that show the date and time the latest changes were uploaded, so it appears to be automated. Is this a widget you can download and is it the same as the functionality I need for the 'Latest News' ? I would be really grateful if someone could point me in the right direction!
    Pashtari, welcome to TalkGraphics. Necessarily, you are making direct changes to your own website. There is nothing to stop you adding the latest update directly into the home page at the time of the change. Automating it would therefore be pointless and rather complex.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat
    IP