Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Cannot download Content Catalog, Xara 16

Hello all
    I have just purchased Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 16 and wish to
    download the content catalog to my hdd. I open the program, go to File - Insert from
    Content Catalog, enter * in the search field so all content is listed. I then right
    click on the category I am interested in and receive a menu amongst which is the entry
    Download all with DAP. This refers to Download Accelerator Plus from SpeedBit which I
    installed a while ago and then uninstalled. This is also the only download option.
    Clicking on this naturally has no effect. I tried reinstalling DAP but again with no
    effect.
    There are no DAP or Download Accelerator Plus files or folders on my pc, and I
    cannot find any trace of these in the registry or in IE options.
    From what I have seen so far in various forums the download seems to be linked to IE,
    and one post stated updating IE to version 11 cured the problem. The IE I have is
    version 11.
    Is downloading through what appears to be IE the only way of getting this content apart from
    importing each separately ?
    If content can only be downloaded through a browser, why does Xara insist on IE instead
    of the default browser ?
    Can anyone please advise ?
    TIA.

Default Re: Cannot download Content Catalog, Xara 16

Still the wrong Forum. Don't worry a Mod will post into Web Design for you.

Welcome to TalkGraphics.

In your Xara Desktop application, open the Local Designs gallery.
    Right-click on the text of each blue folder and pick Download all.

After all this, you will have around 3GB of files.
    You will find them all in C:\Users\(username)\AppData\Local\Xara\(XDA)\16\Ca che\designs\eng\; I don't have the actual folder name for (XDA).

Xara is currently locked into IE but the above approach does not need IE for the download.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, as i said, I do not have a download all option, only download all with DAP, which has no effect.

According to Xara and prior checks, you should.

Read
    https://help.xara.com/article/113-wh...ontent-catalog for the path for your product.
    and
    https://help.xara.com/article/185-ho...gner-templates for the approach to accessing Download all.

I did say right-click the text; it will not show on the blue folder icon itself.

All the above and my Post refer to the application and not the Online Content Catalogue, which is a web page launched form the application.
    Your browser right click for "Download all with DAP" is wholly irrelevant as you are not downloading the content from the browser.

All the Designer products have the same functionality and Xara would be perverse to cut out a key element of that structure in just one application.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

When I installed the latest revision the other day I received a message that XP&GD could not create/update the catindex file. I don't know what effect that had as I have been a bit tied up.

Thanks for the advice. I managed to get rid of the DAP reference and have downloaded from the Online Content Catalog.

Quote Originally Posted by mwenz View Post
    When I installed the latest revision the other day I received a message that XP&GD could not create/update the catindex file. I don't know what effect that had as I have been a bit tied up.
    Could just be a Windows lock issue. It ought not to be an ongoing problem. Xara updates and changes the downloads in your Cache quite frequently and records the current downloads in a catindex.txt file in each sub-folder.

Acorn

Quote Originally Posted by scbs29 View Post
    Thanks for the advice. I managed to get rid of the DAP reference and have downloaded from the Online Content Catalog.
    Good to hear.

Acorn