Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default What does this message mean?

I have now built 3 websites using Xara webdesign premium, and though still learning the program I'm enjoying the experience and pleased with the results so far.
    When I open one of my websites to edit (each website is in a seperate folder on my desktop) the program loads all three websites with the attached message overlay.

I suspect this is a daft question but I'll ask anyway. Why doesn't it just show the website I've requested (from its folder) and what do the three options actually mean?
    At the time of opening a website nothing else is being worked on so why does it say xxxxx is being edited do I want to revert to...etc.

I always choose "use Edited" then close the websites other than the one I want to work on, but I don't know if this is correct

Clarification would be appreciated.
    regards to all....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	start up message.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	52.7 KB 
ID:	124433  
    IP

Info Re: What does this message mean?

Joned, when you are closing your application, you may be doing so without saving an open file.
    So when you decide to fire up Xara by double-clicking ERIC.web, it is simply asking, do you want to use the file you have just double-clicked (Revert is YES); (Used Edited is RUN with the one I didn't save but left open); (Keep Both probably opens the clicked file but changes the filename to include " (Copy)").
    The wording I have in XDPX is different.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat
    IP

Default Re: What does this message mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Joned, when you are closing your application, you may be doing so without saving an open file.
    So when you decide to fire up Xara by double-clicking ERIC.web, it is simply asking, do you want to use the file you have just double-clicked (Revert is YES); (Used Edited is RUN with the one I didn't save but left open); (Keep Both probably opens the clicked file but changes the filename to include " (Copy)").
    The wording I have in XDPX is different.

Acorn
    Thank you Acorn but I ALWAYS save when I've finished editing which is why I don't understand the message meaning!
    Also, why open all the websites?

I have just discovered that if I open the main program (not site specific) so I get the blank canvas, then go to "open file" and navigate to the folder containing a specific site it opens that site correctly, with no other site and no message. So that's the way I'll do it from now on.
    I think its just a querk of the program!

Thanks for your response.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Joned View Post
    Thank you Acorn but I ALWAYS save when I've finished editing which is why I don't understand the message meaning!
    Before you close your application after saving, have a look at the tab filename. If it has a * appended, it is not saved.

Just a thought as this happens after a Save and then a Publish.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Before you close your application after saving, have a look at the tab filename. If it has a * appended, it is not saved.

Just a thought as this happens after a Save and then a Publish.

Acorn
    Thanks again Acorn. I saved as normal and there is no * so the site is saved.
    Thanks for your comments - I may never know, but at least I can open each site from the main program without seeing that message.
    Cheers!
    IP