Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Mobile site - landing to the left

Any coding or anything to help this page land vertical center? On my Iphone it lands to the left and I tried changing a few things and I think I made it worse! And I know it's mobile friendly and not exact but this I find irritating!

https://www.makom.org

Worked on the 1st and 2nd page to see if I could fix it myself but no luck!

Thanks in advance!

Sue

Default Re: Mobile site - landing to the left

Hi Sue, perhaps you could attach your index page for us to comment further
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Hi Egg. I tried but it gave me an error (invalid file). It was the index.htm.

Help!

No Sue, attach your web or xar file
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Makom.web
    Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    No Sue, attach your web or xar file
    Ahhh, gotcha. Okay, will give that a go!

If I delete your menu from all pages it centres. I suggest you redo your menu Sue

DEMO without menu
    Last edited by Egg Bramhill; 19 June 2019 at 03:55 PM.
    Egg

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    If I delete your menu from all pages it centres. I suggest you redo your menu Sue

DEMO without menu
    So on the mobile, you do have a menu, and it operates differently and I don't mind that but I have no idea how to do that.

Can you please tell me what the difference is? I don't mind redoing it, but I have no idea what makes it go left and don't want to redo it and it does it again. So if you can help me understand what is wrong with it, that might help.

Thanks so much.

Sue, I don't have the problem of the site not being central, but, the mobile menu is on the MouseOver layer and is therefore invisible.

Still looking through to see if anything is overhanging and pushing it to the left, but as I say, it looks central to me in the preview and in FireFox.

I quickly jumped through all the pages, and they all centred nicely. Safari maybe??

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Centred.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	41.6 KB 
ID:	124353

@ Chris. It's not so much on a desktop reduced browser window but on a mobile browser that the wrongly aligned display becomes apparent.

@ Sue. I don't know how you created your menu on the mobile site but suspect you just downsized the desktop version. Menus with sub menus & sub-sub menus can become very wide indeed and I suspect this is the main issue with your mobile variant. I just found deleting your mobile menu removed the overly wide page issue.

My demo link at first posting didn't have a menu, but later I amended the site to include one, just made by screen-grabs of the navbar window. It was just rough & ready to give a navbar to check all pages. (The map page did still show the oversized page as the Google Map placeholder code was oversized).

I've attached my amended xar file of your site so hopefully you can pull it apart.

Let me know when your happy & I'll delete the demo of your site from my server.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg