Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: Xara pro, i5 vs i7 or Hyperthreading vs non Hyperthreading ?

Quote Originally Posted by rsrsrs View Post
    oh i have already two ssd, one with OS second for swap, temp, xara autobackup, and so on.

thx for feedback.
    Is Xara slow?

is salt toxic?
    It depends on the number of quantity.

But sometimes i have to import files from Autocad with a mega lot of objects, impossible to work with.
    or i have artworks with a lot of ungrouped objects, than it is slow.

but i tried other programms, no alternative at all !!!

Xara is very fast!
    no sicknature. for nearly 20 years. omg ...
    For many problems there are simple and easy-to-understand solutions that do not work.

The CPU won't make too much difference in this your case. You want a lot of RAM, 16GB as a minimum and a graphics card with as many CUDA cores (nVidia) as your pocket will allow. Quadro cards are where the smart money is.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris M View Post
    a graphics card with as many CUDA cores (nVidia) as your pocket will allow. Quadro cards are where the smart money is.
    Will Xara even notice?

rsrsrs said he sometimes has to import a lot of content from AutoCad and ungrouped objects. There's a fair bit of graphical grunt taken up by the GPU, freeing the CPU. AutoCad (if used on the same machine) will perform better with a Quadro as well, they're even recommended in the specs from AutoDesk.

Graphics software typically like an abundance of RAM and GPU grunt, I presume Xara would be no different if you're pushing a lot of objects in one document.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris M View Post
    rsrsrs said he sometimes has to import a lot of content from AutoCad and ungrouped objects. There's a fair bit of graphical grunt taken up by the GPU, freeing the CPU. AutoCad (if used on the same machine) will perform better with a Quadro as well, they're even recommended in the specs from AutoDesk.

Graphics software typically like an abundance of RAM and GPU grunt, I presume Xara would be no different if you're pushing a lot of objects in one document.
    I'm not sure if rsrsrs actually runs autocad at all. He/she may just be given the models.

I'm just pointing out that Xara could care less about fancy GPUs so spending money on them specifically for Xara would be a waste.

i dont run Autocad at all, but "DWG trueview 2019", to export the files to PDF which i import to Xara.

I do have Quadro K2000 on two S32D850 screens.
    The PC runs with 12GB RAM, maybe i should upgrade ...

In the attachment you will a bomb, open it only if you can restart xara without losing data, or you will need some minutes.

just ungroup the objects. you will get an error with xara --> restart or wait.
    ... just wait.
    The Task Manager tells you ~ 30% CPU power, no GPU.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Xara Bomb_01_cpu.xar.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	24.4 KB 
ID:	124419Xara Bomb_01.xar
    Last edited by rsrsrs; 26 June 2019 at 07:04 AM.
    no sicknature. for nearly 20 years. omg ...
    For many problems there are simple and easy-to-understand solutions that do not work.