Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Saving preferences

So, I am setting up templates and saving them. One for web design and another for print. My question would be, why my settings in the options are not saved with the template? When I save the template I make sure it replaces the default and I check mark set as default template is on. However some setting like the screen capture below will not remain when saved. Am I fooling myself into thinking that my settings in preferences are saved?

Also I can only scream until the neighbours come to my rescue for having to set up these things on a new device, why not have a feature that loads all this in once set plus the work icons/layout?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_1.png 
Views:	71 
Size:	14.3 KB 
ID:	124398

Default Re: Saving preferences

Can't understand why it's not working for you Behzad. If I set my Effects & Plug-ins to 300px and save as template this remains saved.

For example if I open an A4 Landscape Template, Utilities / Options, Effects & Plug-ins / Default Live Resolution = 300px and save as template under the same name (A4 Landscape) this will be the default each time I open an A4 Landscape page.

There's no need to save as default template, this only opens that template when you click File / New or click on the New Document icon.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

not all settings can be saved in individual templates

I am fairly sure those settings you list are not - they are 'remembered from last time' - if I open a template I never use, those settings are still as I have set them, not as they were when the program was installed

you do need to click apply for them to be remembered, just ok is not sufficient

xara can only have one default template

yes the ad-hoc settings set-up needs an overhaul, but then, so does UI itself and I don't see it happening soon because the cloud app is getting the attention
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Merci Gang.