Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Instant e-mail

Hybrid View

Default Re: Instant e-mail

Good point !

I think that less than half of them have completed the VR tour.... access by QR code

How about having a simple one line form where they fill in their email address? You could have an explanation above it saying you will send a pre-written email back to them that they can forward to whoever they feel may want to help.

Simple and totally transparent.

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the suggestion and it is still under consideration...

I have placed a form on the website to collect annual membership fees, unfortunately it is very rarely used. The members prefer to write out a cheque whilst standing in front of the treasurer at the first annual meeting; Imagine the queues....

I am still hoping that an imaginative and inventive forum member will suggest a one click solution, otherwise I will use a two click mailto solution with plenty of simplified explanations...

Enjoy the heatwave

zap

Heatwave? It's mid winter here and down to 16°C. Jumpers, socks and closed windows time. This is Australia, not Austria

Quote Originally Posted by Chris M View Post
    Heatwave? It's mid winter here and down to 16°C. Jumpers, socks and closed windows time. This is Australia, not Austria
    Sorry Chris, didn't want to make you jealous..

We are expecting 44° here in the south of France on friday... Lethargy rules and it is difficult to drag myself out of the pool to get to grips with Xara! it is more of a winter thing...

We spent three weeks in Tasmania last year looking after a herd of Kashmir goats ! Loved every minute !

zap

Quote Originally Posted by zapatak View Post
    The members prefer to write out a cheque whilst standing in front of the treasurer at the first annual meeting; Imagine the queues....
    Now there was the opportunity to collect emails..

I am still hoping that an imaginative and inventive forum member will suggest a one click solution
    I'm exactly the same, but I haven't won the Lotto.

Have you been listening carefully ???

We already have all the e-mail addresses but we don't want to harrass 500+ members when only a small percentage will be sufficiently motivated to join in the crowd-funding campaign.

For the few that do we want to make it as painless as possible, that is by placing a pre-composed mail in their e-mail client. They then have to simply select potential donors from their contact list and press 'send'!

I will have to make a decision soon as the president is getting a little impatient.

Acorn hinted that there may be a javascript solution but I am afraid that is far beyond my humble knowledge.

If nothing imaginative and practical pops up I will have to go for the two step mailto process.

But at least for a couple of days I am still open and hoping for suggestions.

zap

Quote Originally Posted by zapatak View Post
    Have you been listening carefully ???
    I could say the same, LOL.

We already have all the e-mail addresses but we don't want to harrass 500+ members when only a small percentage will be sufficiently motivated to join in the crowd-funding campaign.
    Well, they've volunteered their emails so I don't see why you would be harassing them.

Your existing plan hopes website visitors will press a button to get details. You could do exactly the same via email.

Acorn hinted that there may be a javascript solution but I am afraid that is far beyond my humble knowledge.
    Acorn provided info about sending emails through javascript. He didn't solve the basic problem that will stop you having a one-press solution.

If your visitors are tech savvy enough to forward a pre-written email to multiple other recipients, then they're savvy enough to fill their email into a one line form.

You may be overthinking the task, and/or underestimating your members. A mass mail out seems the obvious route. I doubt anyone would see it as harassment as it sounds like you don't email your members on a regular basis.

Sorry you are confusing me. Do you have any experience with large groups of elderly people ?

They have given their e-mail addresses so that they can be informed of coming events, Concerts, Conferences, Visits etc, believe me they wouldn't appreciate a mail which had no relevance to the majority of them, it would cause confusion and distrust thus undermining confidence in the association.

The subtlety which you appear unable to grasp is that only interested members will press the button, a mass mailing hits them all.

Obviously you have no answer and neither do I but there may be someone who does !

If nobody waves a magic wand before the weekend I have informed the president that we will go for a double click mailto solution.

Time for a splash !

zap