Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I want to cut specific parts of individual fonts using guide layers to create a shattering effect... I know i need to break apart the individual fonts, but is there an easier way to cut the fragments and use guide layers to create the shattering effect if so plz help!!!

RAy
    IP

I want to cut specific parts of individual fonts using guide layers to create a shattering effect... I know i need to break apart the individual fonts, but is there an easier way to cut the fragments and use guide layers to create the shattering effect if so plz help!!!

RAy
    IP

If there is a way to do this without breaking apart, I haven't heard of it yet. Since you want the fonts to shatter, it will need to be done by breaking apart. If you only wanted the individual letters to seperate upon explosion, this can be done with Swish. Swish has an "Explode" action built in.

Good luck,

Stinger
    IP

Ok you can Type the word you want out. Make it a symbol.

Now once you have made it a symbol you need to on a layer above make the shard pieces you want. Now select a shard piece and the word paste in place it into a new layer. Make both pieces a new symbol.

Now go into the new symbol and cut the shard piece insert a new layer and paste in place the shard into it. Now make the shard a mask over the word.

Do this for all the shards.

While this may not be faster at first what you are building is a shatter engine. that will:

1. Keep your file size down becasue you are keeping the letters as font outlines and not curves.

2. easy to edit and to use over for anything you want. Since the Word was made a symbol before you started you can edit it with anything and the shatter engine will break it apart. Hope that helps a bit. Regards, Bil

Macromeidians 1:1

In the begining the web was dark and void, and the net was with out color or shape, Then there was a Flash and Life came to the web and vision became reality.
    Macromeidians 1:1

In the begining the web was dark and void, and the net was with out color or shape, Then there was a Flash and Life came to the web and vision became reality.
    IP