Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Bizarre Text Object Behavior

After four pleasant years of using Xara I'm now leaning toward scrapping Xara and rebuilding my website with a different software where I can see and edit the code. Since the Magix/Xara support seems to be retired from active duty, I'm hoping someone in this forum might have an answer to the strange issue I've been having since the March update. .

The specific problem I've been dealing with has to do with formatting text within text objects. For example, if I bold a small section of text and assign a color to the text selected, and then preview the page, everything appears as I intended. After the page is published and live on the internet, the formatting I applied to the small section of text has somehow propagated into all of the normal text within the object.

What makes the problem worse is that the erroneous formatting somehow managed to replicate itself in similar text objects within nearly all the published pages in the project file. I've attached an image file that shows the web page preview versus the published version. The error somehow managed to flow into 55 out of 56 published pages in one file. I've been experiencing similar problems with other project files in my website, but usually I can get the pages to finally display correctly after a lot of work spent reformatting pages and updating text styles.

I've looked at the generated CSS information and the assigned text attributes look correct.Have any of you encountered a similar problem and how did you fix it?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	text-object-errors.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	90.6 KB 
ID:	124364

Default Re: Bizarre Text Object Behavior

Welcome to TalkGraphics

It's hard to tell from your screen captures (my eyesight is not that good). But sometimes problems can arise on publication if the text in the browser is not set to 100%.

Also, if the text is linked, as it might be with a template, perhaps changing some of the text is updating the style globally. It should not do this, but stranger things have happened.

Is it possible for you to upload your Xara .xar or .web file here? Some of our members with better eyesight and/or memory may be able to offer some suggestions.

Don't give up just yet.

Can you give us a link to the published site? Maybe it is just a problem of your browser having some files cached and others refreshed. Did you try CTRL + F5?

It looks the same on the website Siran.

Huey, can you attach your web/xar file/
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Thanks to everyone for your quick response. Magix support finally responded with the suggestion that I "untick the option: Share--> Publish--> Settings: Fast Publish" and then republish. Well, that caused another ripple effect of errors through the project web pages. I noticed that one section of text I had formatted with bold and applied a green color had completely vanished from the published page and that was the key to understanding what was causing the problem.

I finally narrowed the issue down to the effect caused by anchoring images to formatted text. Our website has a lot of project files and each file contains 50 to 75 pages and up to 300 images in each project. The images are all anchored to text somewhere and we are constantly adding and deleting text, images and web pages within each project file.

I've gone though most of the pages in the project that had the worst issues and moved the image anchors to "normal text" locations. Some of the images had been anchored to text where I applied enhanced formatting and a couple of images were anchored to H1 and H2 tagged text.

After republishing, nearly all the issues disappeared and there are only a couple of formatting issues left to correct. I suppose that after the Xara March 2019 update there was something about anchoring so many images to formatted or tagged text that triggered the problem.

Could a Mod move this Thread to the Dear Xara forum for Xara to investigate.

I have played around with H1/H2 tags and all justifications and embedded graphics with text columns and areas but no issues identified.
    I haven't tried different fonts though.

Thanks,
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat