Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Access violation in 16.2

I'm getting it again. I added another rectangle, added in "<iframe src="https://teamup.com/kssit6opy1j76uyaeh" frameborder="0" width="100%" height="700"></iframe>", saved it. Got access violation on preview.

So, I then deleted that, copied the pink rectangle from the alan_sh.xar file above, replaced the code with the above. Saved the file. This time, it worked for longer and then just closed off the program.

Sorry - but this is not usable. What do we need to do to get it fixed - or how can I go back to 16.1.1?

Alan

Update - it appears to publish OK, it just won't preview. At least, when I restarted the program, and published, it worked OK. I haven't tried changing anything yet.

Alan

Hi Guys have also updated to 16.2 and just updated a web site but cannot for some reason upload it to load with filezilla. Keep getting access violation messages. Have run as administrator but no change. Tried another site which I updated before upgrade and instead of getting access violation the whole programme closed down without warning. Also closed google down with my emails open???? Reset the programme which close down Xara and it saved and exported the html where they should be.

Original site still returning access violation but noticed that when the preparing to export....export slider at the bottom was working it suddenly came up with a note regarding jpg but was on screen too quickly to read. Never seen that before.
    Bug in 16.2? Is the only solution to revert back to 16 or 15. If so why are we paying for updates?

Ken

Hi just tried to run the whole site preview and get another access violation message.

Come on Xara!

It's been working fine in 16 also until now, and I didn't change anything. How would I send the file to Rob? Well, here it is unless you want me to send via another method.... ARMOR XARA 16 for Rob.web
    Last edited by edmiston99; 22 June 2019 at 05:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mentorman View Post
    Hi Guys have also updated to 16.2 and just updated a web site but cannot for some reason upload it to load with filezilla. Keep getting access violation messages. Have run as administrator but no change. Tried another site which I updated before upgrade and instead of getting access violation the whole programme closed down without warning. Also closed google down with my emails open???? Reset the programme which close down Xara and it saved and exported the html where they should be.

Original site still returning access violation but noticed that when the preparing to export....export slider at the bottom was working it suddenly came up with a note regarding jpg but was on screen too quickly to read. Never seen that before.
    Bug in 16.2? Is the only solution to revert back to 16 or 15. If so why are we paying for updates?

Ken
    Ken,
    You are seeing what I am too. This needs fixing

Alan

Interestingly, I also have Xara WD on my laptop. Same version and the same Windows 10 version. I open the same file (it's on a drive that's synced with my PC) and I do NOT get an access violation when I preview the same page.

I'm not sure what's going on here.

Alan

I've also had an Access Violation when trying to publish my website. No idea what's causing it except for the update. This is not good enough Xara!

Moved thread to Dear Xara.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Moved thread to Dear Xara.
    Thanks Gary, could you also nudge Xara for us?

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat