Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Variants

Lightbulb Variants

Dear Xara...

Thank you for including a Scale to Width mechanism for Variants.
    I have been coding similarly (e.g., document.getElementsByTagName("html")[0].style.transform = "scale(" + scaling + ")" for some time, bit I still find the responsive approach you have adopted is too restrictive for sensible design.

Would you therefore consider adding the Conventional Website/Supersite Web Graphic Options as individual selection in the Create website variant dialog?

In other words I may want a Conventional Main site, a Vertical Supersite Mobile variant and a Page Transitions Tablet variant, all for the same site.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Variants

This would be near impossible with the way we currently implement supersites and variants. Without looking into it, the only way I can think this would be possible would be to split the variants into their own files. Currently we're looking into the possibility of creating fully responsive CSS grid base system in Xara which would almost do away with variants.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob-Xar View Post
    This would be near impossible with the way we currently implement supersites and variants. Without looking into it, the only way I can think this would be possible would be to split the variants into their own files. Currently we're looking into the possibility of creating fully responsive CSS grid base system in Xara which would almost do away with variants.
    OK< Rob, I currently do the former myself. I look forward to your CSS Grid approach, which would be mega.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

It would mean practically a rewrite of our entire HTML filter so don't hold your breath lol. Would be nice to do away with all the spans though.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob-Xar View Post
    It would mean practically a rewrite of our entire HTML filter so don't hold your breath lol. Would be nice to do away with all the spans though.
    <span>+1</span><span>+1</span><span>+1</span><span>+1</span><span>+1</span><span>+1</span><span>+1</span><span>+1</span><span>+1</span><span>+1</span><span>+1</span><span>+1</span>
    Acorn