Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Mobile site - landing to the left

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    @ Sue. I don't know how you created your menu on the mobile site but suspect you just downsized the desktop version. Menus with sub menus & sub-sub menus can become very wide indeed and I suspect this is the main issue with your mobile variant. I just found deleting your mobile menu removed the overly wide page issue.

Let me know when your happy & I'll delete the demo of your site from my server.
    Yes, Egg, that's how someone at the beginning told me to create the mobile friendly nav bar with the hamburger. Please tell me what the right way is to do the mobile nav bar?

I'd love to learn what I did wrong and how to make it right. I've used this mobile one for all the sites I've done so far. Ugh!

I read what you wrote on the nav bar page but I don't quite get everything you are saying in it. You are a doll who goes above and beyond!

And Chris, Egg is correct. Only had issues on the cell phone itself and thanks for your contribution to try to help me!

Sue

Default Re: Mobile site - mobile page landing to the left

UNFORTUNATELY THIS SUGGESTION DOES NO WORK RIGHT NOW APOLOGIES. WILL REPOST.

Sue, another way to create a mobile menu to match your standard Xara NavBar is to recreate a button over Mobile Menu & MouseOver Mobile Menu layers, and create a Xara standard NavBar on the Mobile Menu layer. As you cannot copy and paste a NavBar to different layers, you link your Mobile Menu to all your pages. This auto-populates the Mobile Menu on the correct layers for each page. You can then simply edit the Mobile Menu (on the index page); add, delete and change in the normal; everything syncs across the site.

It is much more tricky than than having your hamburger point to a mobile page, but your welcome to take a look at my Mod3 as an idea: I have discovered all this by trial and error, but this and the mobile page menu all work very well and give you readable menus. I did not get any bounce to the left on the mobile variant.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Makon3.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	38.0 KB 
ID:	124358  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Initiostar; 20 June 2019 at 11:54 AM.

A variation on Egg's mobile menu page solution; this time it should work as expected. It could be improved for sure with a hand-crafted mobile menu, but certainly easier to manage than Menu /Mouseover layers ( I have the latter working on my sites, just failed to implement it correctly in the previous post). Apologies, still baffled!

Name:	Makon4.PNG 
Views:	47 
Size:	192.4 KB 
ID:	124363  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by Initiostar View Post
    A variation on Egg's mobile menu page solution; this time it should work as expected. It could be improved for sure with a hand-crafted mobile menu, but certainly easier to manage than Menu /Mouseover layers ( I have the latter working on my sites, just failed to implement it correctly in the previous post). Apologies, still baffled!
    Thanks Initiostar for showing me what you've done. I got mine to work by redoing it. I think the one I did is nice and clean and easy for non-web people to maneuver around and not too distracting on the page.

Thanks, Egg...you were right!

Looking good Sue.

In my opinion the menu is to small for my old eyes but with a sub-sub menu structure your stuck with this
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Looking good Sue. In my opinion the menu is to small for my old eyes but with a sub-sub menu structure your stuck with this
    Really, too small? I'll ask some of their Board members to check it out and let me know. I wear glasses and it looked fine to me...thanks for sharing!

Really. I use my iphone5 in portrait mode. It's just about okay in portrait mode. Here's a screen grab of your site resized to the same size as my phone size. EDIT, the forum has resized the attachment. It's actually a third smaller.

Name:	thumbs-up.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	165.2 KB 
ID:	124374  
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Really. I use my iphone5 in portrait mode. It's just about okay in portrait mode. Here's a screen grab of your site resized to the same size as my phone size. EDIT, the forum has resized the attachment. It's actually a third smaller.
    Interesting, Egg. I have the 6 and it looks like what you posted. Our phones are small...so it's really hard to make a mobile nav with all those pages and make it easy for people who aren't internet savvy!

What are you suggestions to make it better/easier?

So my suggestion is just to use sub-menus only. Why have 'clergy's' in the 'About' button in a sub-sub menu, your whole site is about your synagogue ?

Personally I prefer to have a separate Menu page and avoid the Xara's navbar option in a mobile variant site.

This one uses pop-up layers.

DEMO

There's still an issue with this which I trying to chase down.
    Egg

I think your problem is that you needed to make a simpler mobile version of the site. That is the beauty of what Xara can do. Simplify the mobile and leave all that menus to the main desktop site.