Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default JUST RELEASED: An update to Xara Designer Pro

We’ve just released an update to Xara Designer Pro X. New features include a ‘fit to width’ option for websites (scales the page between variants) and SVG export of individual files. You can find a summary of these and other new features & content on our website @ https://www.xara.com/designer-pro/whats-new/ and full details in the Release Notes @ http://releasenotes.xara.hosting/designer-pro-x16/

If you have an active Update Service and you’re running v16.0 then you should shortly see 16.2 offered as an auto-update. If you’re still on v15 then you will need to re-download Designer Pro from http://www.xara.com/designer-pro/download/.

If your Update Service has expired then you can renew your Update Service / upgrade in order to get this and other updates since your version (go to the Designer Pro page on magix.com and click Upgrade).

And as always you can find separate info on what’s new in Xara Cloud @ https://docs.xara.com/latest-updates.

I hope you enjoy working with the new version!

Kate Moir @ Xara

Default Re: JUST RELEASED: An update to Xara Designer Pro

this is really funny,
    yesterday i tried to manipulate the svg code to delete the background, and today:
    "SVG export of individual files"
    Thanks Xara!
    no sicknature. for nearly 20 years. omg ...
    For many problems there are simple and easy-to-understand solutions that do not work.

Since upgrading to 16.2 I can't upload my website. All I get are access violations. How can I go back to the previous version until Xara get this fixed? I am not happy.

Can't understand why this should be happening Ian. If you'd like to attach your xar/web file I'll try to upload your site to my server and see if I can replicate this AV.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I've been unable to upload the .xar file (perhaps because it is 5.9Mb?).

max limit for XAR is 10MB
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Here (I hope) is the file that has a problem uploading. The uploading process just 'hung up' when I attempted to load it previously. This time it 'just worked'?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Here's your problem 'FORCE SCROLLBAR'

I got the Access Violation just like yourself. Removed the Force Scrollbar from every page and no more AV.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Scroll.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	17.1 KB 
ID:	124399

Hi Ian, find attached xar file that doesn't crash. The issue appears to be the 'Force Scroll Bar' thingamajig that you had on many pages. I think it was supposed to be a placeholder for some JavaScript but it isn't, it just confused the DOM, whoever he is
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	export.png 
Views:	97 
Size:	12.5 KB 
ID:	124401  
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

attachment:
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg