Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Can I have a navigation menu where the current page is highlighted somehow?

Thanks all - some interesting ideas. I'll have a think about it.

Alan

Default Re: Can I have a navigation menu where the current page is highlighted somehow?

Liked Gary P's solution at http://gwpriester.com/layer-menu/.

Curiosity got the better of me to explore how to get this whole sub-menu thing to work better using a standard Xara NavBar (attached).

For comparatives, I build a standard menu bar and used the Xara sub-menu on one of the buttons, then build a Single Button plus Navbar combo as a mix and match idea, then created a button-linked dropdown menu using a vertically oriented Xara NavBar on Sub-Menu & MouseOver Sub-Menu layers. Set the NavBar Sub-Menu to link to all pages in the website, then deleted the links to the pages that were not related to the specific button. This overcomes the problem that you cannot copy and paste a NavBar to different layers in the same website. Set button mouseover (through Web Animation) to link to the button-specific sub-menu layer.

What it did highlight (and this maybe just me) is that even when I created a button with centred-justified text, the Xara sub-menu button would only show this as left-justified. Could be my mistake, but I would have thought the sub-menu button should by default inherit the properties of the primary button? Seem to remember it did adopt left-centre-right justification in the past.

Gary
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gary Menu_Sub Menu.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	70.4 KB 
ID:	124313  
    Attached Files Attached Files

There are a multitude of opportunities for the Nav Bars and lack of supported fonts and lack for alignment are two. When this feature was introduced quite a few years ago, and members brought up some of these questions, the management at Xara dismissed the member concerns. I can only hope they will revisit these options and give us something that is professional in appearance and eliminates the need for these tedious work-arounds.

Good exploration of options, Gary. One thing that can help with the drop down menus is to increase the spacing and to add a separator between buttons. So the lines of type are not so closed up.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	menu.png 
Views:	41 
Size:	6.7 KB 
ID:	124315