Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default pre set Email subject line

I would like to receive emails from my website containing the subject line "From Website".
    How do I do this please ?
    There doesn't seem to be any mention of this in the 'Web Properties' box that is displayed when creating an email link from text.
    Thank you....

Default Re: pre set Email subject line

That isn't how this feature works. Having a link for emails will open the visitors email client and fill in the address to send to (whatever you put in Web Properties), but the email is sent from whoever clicked the link.

To have the email send from your site you would use an online form.

Yes, that would work but only with systems that have an email client installed. Folks who are using webmail will not have their mail app opened unless they specifically set it up that way (apparently not many users do). That's why many use email forms instead.

When you link an email address, Xara automatically changes it to mailto:name@webhost.com

If you add this this a ?subject=Feedback from My Website it becomes mailto:name@webhost.com?subject=Feedback from My Website

As has been pointed out, this will not work with webmail or some email clients, but it works with most and when the visitor clicks the link their email program opens and the subject is automatically inserted.

Thank you gwpriester. That's just what I needed to know.
    Regards

I think you can also use ?CC= or ?BCC= and ?body= as well. ?body= adds some text to the message page of the email.