Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Online Content Catalog/Local Designs Gallery (Offline)

I don't seem to be able to access the Online Content Catalog. The Local Designs gallery is shown as Offline, not to mention empty.

When I attempt File > New from Content Catalog..., nothing happens. Ditto for Insert > From Content Catalog.

Is there something I am supposed to do to change from status of Offline to Online?

My version is:
    Xara Designer Pro X 15.0.0.52427 DL x64

I have a download version, so I can't even retrieve Disc Designs. I have no content I can use whatsoever.

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

Cheers,
    Bud

Default Re: Online Content Catalog/Local Designs Gallery (Offline)

If you're still running version 15.0 it seems likely that you are no longer subscribing to the update service. This will allow you to access the Online Content Catalog, download contents into the Local Designs Gallery and update to version 16.

Whether you find it worthwhile to pay for such service is of course something you have to decide for yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Boy View Post
    If you're still running version 15.0 it seems likely that you are no longer subscribing to the update service. This will allow you to access the Online Content Catalog, download contents into the Local Designs Gallery and update to version 16.

Whether you find it worthwhile to pay for such service is of course something you have to decide for yourself.
    OK, I understand why I can't access it now, but not why I couldn't access it when I first got it. I tried the first time about a month after purchase.

It wouldn't be worthwhile to pay for the service if it won't work for me anyway.

Thanks for the reply.

--Bud

Might have been an installation issue because after purchase one has unlimited access to contents and updates for one year. During that time all contents can be downloaded for use after the update service has expired. Sorry to hear that you were not aware of these conditions; they were introduced a number of years ago (and were met with much disgruntlement).

Did you just get this version or have you had it for awhile?

Ray

Quote Originally Posted by RKissane View Post
    Did you just get this version or have you had it for awhile?

Ray
    More than a year ago, so I'm expired relative to accessing stuff online.