Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Landscape template - how to duplicate the mobile format menu

I really like the "landscape" template and would like to use it as a starting point for a new web site. However...

It comes with two variants and therefore, when yoy change the text in the main one, it does not change the text in the mobile variant. OK, no issues, I'll delete the mobile variant, change the text and then then create a new mobile variant. However, when I do that, the menu at the top is separate buttons and not what I want. I want it to say "Site Menu" as it does in the original template. So, how do I get it to say "Site Menu"? I can't see any way of doing that - although I am probably missing something really simple.

Any help appreciated

Alan

Default Re: Landscape template - how to duplicate the mobile format menu

When your website has variants is important to understand Text Styles. When used correctly, it's very easy to change text across variants. I strongly suggest you read the chapter 'Responsive web design' in the Help file and experiment with the different options in a dummy website before you start the real site.

Thanks for the quick response. However, it's not the text that I have issues with but the creation of a menu that shows some text ("Site Menu") when in mobile mode and a series of buttons when in desktop mode. The default variants that come with the landscape template do this, but if I delete the mobile variant and recreate it, it doesn't.

PS - this is not a "real site" - I'm still playing to see if Xara WD+ is what I want to use.

Alan

Then why did you delete one of the variants? Not necessary when you use Text Styles. Anyway, contrary to text, navigation bars are not shared across variants. They have to be created per variant as their properties often differ too much.

It took me quite some time to figure out how to create /match desktop and mobile variant menus.

Several members here guided me along the way and the attached XAR file is a result of those efforts.

You're welcome to give it a try; take a look in the Page & Layer Gallery to see how it works. One way uses a dedicated Mobile Menu page, the other uses Mobile Menu and MouseOverMenu layers which auto-repeat across the pages. You would of course only use one way in practice.

The Menu Buttons can be of any design.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hi Alan,

It comes with two variants and therefore, when yoy change the text in the main one, it does not change the text in the mobile variant.
    That's not true

Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Thanks to everyone. That makes it a lot clearer.

HOWEVER - I deleted the stuff I've been playing with and went to download it again from the content catalogue and it now wants me to buy it. What changed?

I do have a full license and was able to load everything OK yesterday. I've tried closing and reopening Xara Web Design.

Alan

As you have downloaded it before it should be available in your Local Designs Gallery.

But it isn't because I never saved it.

And it still doesn't explain why Xara thinks I don't have a license today.

Alan

Downloaded content is automatically saved in the Local Designs Gallery. It should be there under Websites/Website Themes.

Why you get that message is unclear to me. There seem to be problems with the Online Content Gallery from time to time. Did you try to restart the program by closing it, right-clicking the program icon and selecting 'Run as administrator'?