Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Working On New Landing Page For New Client - It's Kind Of Weird... I think...

I spent a few days creating a new clients landing page mock-up (according to their desires) for a site that is going to be quite large...

It's gonna include a shopping cart... (I'm a little nervous about that... I've never done one)... But I guess I'll figure it out when it's time...

Anyway, I thought I'd post this because it's a little odd and uses shooting stars animations... their idea, not mine...

So... page one done... LOL

---

Why do I have the feeling that by the time this thing is done... I'm gonna be deep in the red $zone$? Oh well, I'll have fun (I hope) doing this thing. They're nice people.

http://mockupsites.xara.hosting/NEW_...IGHT_MOCK-UP4/

Cliff

Default Re: Working On New Landing Page For New Client - It's Kind Of Weird... I think...

I know you aren't the overly sensitive type and I have always liked your style, so I feel fine about giving an honest opinion without having to blow smoke up your bum.

Graphics and layout look great to me, as yours always do. It's the little touches you add that make all the difference. The thin white line, the slightly faded rainbow whatnot's.

Animations: My opinion...
    Have the starry background load instantly (no fade)
    Have the top banner 'We Are All Unique...' fade in as it does now.
    Have the rainbow whatnot's fade in together as soon as the banner finishes. They take up too much time individually for my taste.
    The rest is spot on as far as I'm concerned.

Page one. This is purely individual taste...I like it all black, or, fade the starry background to end just before the 'These Are Going...' text. The coloured (spelt correctly) buttons pop more on the blank black. Don't animate the starry background, it gives me the impression it's slow loading even though it's an effect.

Love that thin white line that separates the header from the page.

Default Re: Working On New Landing Page For New Client - It's Kind Of Weird... I think...

I'm not a fan of dark sites, but fine.

Why is the first JK not JNO?

Quote Originally Posted by pauland View Post
    I'm not a fan of dark sites, but fine.

Why is the first JK not JNO?
    I'm not a huge fan of dark sites either paul... but the customer is... LOL

And as to why the first JK was not JKN? Simple... I totally missed the logic of that and needed someone to come along and see it... LOL

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by cmpan1 View Post
    I'm not a huge fan of dark sites either paul... but the customer is... LOL

And as to why the first JK was not JKN? Simple... I totally missed the logic of that and needed someone to come along and see it... LOL

Thank you!
    It was more about the misspelling of no-one. Checking that it was a deliberate choice - hence my question about not using JNO not JKO!

Quote Originally Posted by pauland View Post
    It was more about the misspelling of no-one. Checking that it was a deliberate choice - hence my question about not using JNO not JKO!
    Yes Paul... I get it... Yeah... deliberate... a play on words... But I can see how a confusion my slip in to a viewer... I will pass on to the client... maybe some kind of parenthesis or something to separate... ???

Quote Originally Posted by Chris M View Post
    I know you aren't the overly sensitive type and I have always liked your style, so I feel fine about giving an honest opinion without having to blow smoke up your bum.

Graphics and layout look great to me, as yours always do. It's the little touches you add that make all the difference. The thin white line, the slightly faded rainbow whatnot's.

Animations: My opinion...
    Have the starry background load instantly (no fade)
    Have the top banner 'We Are All Unique...' fade in as it does now.
    Have the rainbow whatnot's fade in together as soon as the banner finishes. They take up too much time individually for my taste.
    The rest is spot on as far as I'm concerned.

Page one. This is purely individual taste...I like it all black, or, fade the starry background to end just before the 'These Are Going...' text. The coloured (spelt correctly) buttons pop more on the blank black. Don't animate the starry background, it gives me the impression it's slow loading even though it's an effect.

Love that thin white line that separates the header from the page.
    LOVED... your suggestions (as always) All makes sense. I agree with all... and think I've got them...

Thanks Chris!