Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Working On New Landing Page For New Client - It's Kind Of Weird... I think...

I cracked my knuckles and waded in, pen in hand long piece of paper ready to write for hours.Only to find two things, one of which is splitting an already split hair.

Having stated earlier I liked the slightly faded rainbow whatnot's, now they've moved and halved in number I think them too faded (hair splitting one).
    The animation of the shooting stars takes too long. The speed of movement is fine, but can you make #2 start halfway through the travel of #1 etc?

Usual disclaimer using words like 'subjective' 'opinion' and so forth.

Default Re: Working On New Landing Page For New Client - It's Kind Of Weird... I think...

Quote Originally Posted by Chris M View Post
    I cracked my knuckles and waded in, pen in hand long piece of paper ready to write for hours.Only to find two things, one of which is splitting an already split hair.

Having stated earlier I liked the slightly faded rainbow whatnot's, now they've moved and halved in number I think them too faded (hair splitting one).
    The animation of the shooting stars takes too long. The speed of movement is fine, but can you make #2 start halfway through the travel of #1 etc?

Usual disclaimer using words like 'subjective' 'opinion' and so forth.

No need for a disclaimer... I'm a big fan of hair-splitting.

Thanks!

I like it but think it would be better speeded up such that it takes about 50% of the current time to load. I'd also suggest lining up the Nationality / Religion & Gender / Sexual Orientation text, or make the misalignment greater than present
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    I like it but think it would be better speeded up such that it takes about 50% of the current time to load. I'd also suggest lining up the Nationality / Religion & Gender / Sexual Orientation text, or make the misalignment greater than present

Thanks Egg.... I aligned the text as suggested... but speeding up all would a pain at the moment... (I'll need to be motivated to tackle it) because EVERY little thing would have to be shifted to accomplish... and my 'old' eyes can handle only so much at a time... LOL

Thanks again!

Cliff

Like that much better Cliff.

Also think the single accented U works far better.

Xara's animations are a pia and there should also be a animation out!
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Like that much better Cliff.

Also think the single accented U works far better.

Xara's animations are a pia and there should also be a animation out!
    Thanks Egg.... as for the "animation out". I WISH I WISH.... and even more... a 'DURING'

Thanks for the help.

Oh, and the "accented U" ... the crazy client wants 'stars' and a 'nose' over the U so it looks like a smile....

Clients are the bugbear of a web designers life! Life would be so much easier without them.
    Egg

Really confused now.

JKO - Judge Know One (Ugh) but the text below correctly says 'no one'. Why isn't it now KNO and Judge No One?

Quote Originally Posted by pauland View Post
    Really confused now.

JKO - Judge Know One (Ugh) but the text below correctly says 'no one'. Why isn't it now KNO and Judge No One?
    Here's why pauland... because I have a lunatic client that contacts me every hour on the hour with changes to their...

'play on words'
    'color changes'
    'animation changes'
    'copy changes'
    'etc. etc.'

"Cliff... move this over a little bit"
    "Cliff... change that word to..."
    "Cliff... does 'that' look a little different 'that'..."
    "Cliff... could you move the 'eyes' over the U a hair closer to each other"?

Shall I go on?

There's only one saving grace to this BS... I'm SERIOUSLY OVER-CHARGING THEM! I'm charging like a lawyer...
    When I work on the site, even if 10 seconds... BING—the 'TIMER' is running... and the checks must come AS
    the site progresses... I do NOTHING unless I SEE $$$ first...

And if they get totally out of hand... I can always walk... taking no loss. But the deeper in they get, the less likely that will happen because...
    well, let's just say that... as time and website progress, I gain a stronger hold the cards...

Cliff

Ok... I know your all sick of this thread by now... LOL So last post by me...
    I'm only posting to say... that after almost two weeks with this landing page,
    the client finally gave it their blessing...

COULD YOU IMAGINE... two weeks for this? Anyway... D O N E ...

Thanks to all who offered help, criticism and advice to me on this...

Cliff