http://www.simtel.net/pub/dl/57276.shtml

Web: http://www.mediachance.com/realdraw/history.htm

K
    www.graphics.com (columnist)
    www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/kn/
    www.klausnordby.com/xara

[This message was edited by Klaus Nordby on December 15, 2002 at 14:00.]
    K
    www.klausnordby.com/xara (big how-to article)
    www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/kn/ (I was the first-ever featured artist in the Xone)
    www.graphics.com (occasional columnist, "The I of The Perceiver")

Download here:
    http://www.simtel.net/pub/dl/57276.shtml

Web: http://www.mediachance.com/realdraw/history.htm

K
    www.klausnordby.com/xara

[This message was edited by Klaus Nordby on December 15, 2002 at 14:00.]
    K
    www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/kn/ (I was the first-ever featured artist in the Xone)

Klaus,

Can we expect a review on graphics.com?

Dave Zubrowski

Xara FAQ
    Dave Zubrowski

users to pay the upgrade fee! I hope noone takes advantage of him

Jon
    Jon

One thing I am not real sure about or maybe it's a bug I found already is that if you create a background and you 'send it to back' of the other smaller objects it's still selected even if you are meaning to select one of the smaller objects that should be in the front. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

The only way I can get the background to NOT be selected is to lock it in the layers galery. Not sure I like this. Should not select if it's sent to the back and you are meaning to select something else, that won't be very good when working with really small objects!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

Any one else have this issue and if not then what am I doing wrong??

Thanks much!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Besides that I am REALLY quite impressed and have lots to look over when I get a bit more time!! Gotta get the Christmas cards and whatnot done!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Richard [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

---Wolff On The Prowl---
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

I have submitted my payment. After spending the morning playing with my 3.0 version I am quite sure that I will make some use of this product.

I am still a bit concerned about the selection issue but every thing else is really wonderful. One other little detail is that when you select the text button and then select where you want the text to be placed on the work area it takes a couple of seconds to pop up. Hopefully in future releases Oscar will have it so you just type directly onto the work area or at least give you the option to do so. A really nice extra is the Character Map built into the text dialog. Once you select a character from one font and then switch to another font and select another font and so on the program is intellegent enough to keep them as you selected them and then also onto the work area. Very nice indeed.

The one thing I'm not finding too readily is the feathering tool, I know I saw it before but can't find it at the moment. Other than that all the effects are rich and easily editable (colors and all) and most of the tools are very intuitive. The redraw to larger sizes is right on the money and the new export features are much improved upon. TRUE vector export now available. Wish he would include .xar in that but you didn't hear that from me! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

All in all, while it's not as good as XaraX in some areas, in other areas it is a much more rich flavored program. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Thumbs up!!

Richard [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

---Wolff On The Prowl---
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

Dave, *maybe* I can cram in a mini-review in my already crammed Xmas column, we'll see. I'd like to, beliEve me - this app deserves much good press!

My BIG disappointment - which I have conveyed to Oscar - is the total lack of good vector imports! If he can write exports, why not imports???

K
    www.klausnordby.com/xara
    K

Ah, the ole feather technique... hey Richard, the feather option is found in the bevel bar...

Klaus, I can hardly wait to read your review... I have some words regarding workflow expectations... I believe that this very issue is soon going to divide the waters... integration and task flow management still have a long way to go to fulfill what in my mind is a system to be... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

[This message was edited by gidgit on December 19, 2002 at 03:06.]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rdrawbevelbar.jpg 
Views:	298 
Size:	13.9 KB 
ID:	18727