Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Fitting text into a text box

What I’m trying to do is create a text box that will change size to accommodate the fixed font and size. By way of an example, I first created a paragraph of text. Then I created three text boxes and pasted the text clicking on each of the options that was available to me: Auto-fit Inside, Fixed Inside and On Top. I want the font and size to remain the same as the example but none of the text boxes would wrap around the text. The sample below shows the results. Am I incorrect that I should be able to do this? How might it be done?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by gwpriester; 15 August 2019 at 02:30 PM. Reason: only one t in text

Default Re: Fitting text into a ttext box

Quote Originally Posted by charliescoffee View Post
    What I’m trying to do is create a text box that will change size to accommodate the fixed font and size. By way of an example, I first created a paragraph of text. Then I created three text boxes and pasted the text clicking on each of the options that was available to me: Auto-fit Inside, Fixed Inside and On Top. I want the font and size to remain the same as the example but none of the text boxes would wrap around the text. The sample below shows the results. Am I incorrect that I should be able to do this? How might it be done?
    None of the above. Use Smart Text Panel 69.
    You have automatic height change and the font size is not affected. You can stretch or shrink H or V manually. Corner and colour background changes are a given.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

No response?

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I'll respond, Acorn, you're awesome!

mcspade

Quote Originally Posted by mcspade View Post
    I'll respond, Acorn, you're awesome!
    mcspade
    Thanks, I try or I am trying - you can choose.

Acorn