Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default NavBar edit and colors

Hello all.

Well I figured out how to export to raw html.

Now I'm creating a nav bar and can't find a way to change colors or maintain any consistency.

I chose a red colored vertical button bar from the design gallery.
    I found a way to change the mouse-over color to blue but now I can't get it to change to anything else AND I can't change the mouse-off color from red to anything else.

I really hate non-intuitive applications.

Ugh.

Anybody know how to do this?

Thanks again for your time.

Default Re: NavBar edit and colors

Quote Originally Posted by SloppyJones View Post
    Hello all.
    Well I figured out how to export to raw html.
    Now I'm creating a nav bar and can't find a way to change colors or maintain any consistency.
    I chose a red colored vertical button bar from the design gallery.
    I found a way to change the mouse-over color to blue but now I can't get it to change to anything else AND I can't change the mouse-off color from red to anything else.
    I really hate non-intuitive applications.
    Ugh.
    Anybody know how to do this?
    Thanks again for your time.
    The Xara Desktop application is not there to generate standalone JS/CSS code.

If you are familiar with raw html, why are you not using an online CSS menu generator instead?

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    The Xara Desktop application is not there to generate standalone JS/CSS code.

If you are familiar with raw html, why are you not using an online CSS menu generator instead?

Acorn
    I actually didn't know such a thing existed.
    I've been out of the hack web design thing for a few years now and my old boss wanted me to update his site.
    I used webstyle to pretty easily design the menus back then and had purchased Web Designer Premium before I quit, so it was a logical place to start.

It will actuall export all the files and the .js file for a standalone menu in an html document, I just can't get it to make the buttons that I want, yet, and it seems like it should be able to.

I will check out your suggestion however, unless I get some insight quickly on how to make this app work the way I think it should.

Thank you for your insight.

As far as editing navbars within the Xara app, I suggest you read the 'Navigation Bars' chapter in the Help file.

Quote Originally Posted by Boy View Post
    As far as editing navbars within the Xara app, I suggest you read the 'Navigation Bars' chapter in the Help file.
    WHOA!

I NEVER would have thought to do that!!!

Since I obviously missed something the first TEN times I read that, perhaps you could point me to the part that addresses my questions specifically.

My suggestion appears to be as non-intuitive as the app itself. Sorry about that!