Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Gaming laptop for Xara work

I like to see if a gaming system would be good for working with Xara? I do 90% of my client work with Xara, that includes web design and print graphics etc... I am not into 3d games or playing video games much.
    If you have any idea of a system below $1k please let me know or should I just stick to a normal laptop?

Thanks.

Default Re: Gaming laptop for Xara work

Quote Originally Posted by behzad View Post
    I like to see if a gaming system would be good for working with Xara? I do 90% of my client work with Xara, that includes web design and print graphics etc... I am not into 3d games or playing video games much.
    If you have any idea of a system below $1k please let me know or should I just stick to a normal laptop?

Thanks.
    ANY gaming laptop will run Xara perfectly. Gaming laptops have a better spec than 'ordinary' laptops.

There's no real point in spending that money on a high-spec machine if you don't intend to do 3D or run games.

Xara would like some memory and an SSD.

Why do you think you need a high-spec machine?

Xara wouldn't utilise the graphics processor and its multi-threading is similarly under used.
    Lots of RAM, SSD and an i7 processor. A Dell XPS would zing.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

you going to use a program such as harmony or blender then a high end computer will help with the rendering; xara, I doubt it
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Thank you all. Good to know all this info. Possibly some 3D in the future but future is unknown.