Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: Depixelate

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    9

    Default Depixelate

    Hi, It's Ray
    Please, I need assistance on how to depixelate an image

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Location
    Placitas, New Mexico, USA
    Posts
    36,797

    Default Re: Depixelate

    Remove all the pixels?

    But seriously Raymond, do you mean make a photo into a vector object or shapes?
    Gary W. Priester
    Mr. Moderator Emeritus Dude
    , Sir

    gwpriester.com | Custom-Stereograms.com | eyeTricks on Facebook






  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    SW England
    Posts
    9,512

    Default Re: Depixelate

    I imagine the "image" needs to have a slight Blur introduced. If one has XDPX, use FX > New > Soften filter > Gaussian blur (smart) or similar.

    Acorn
    Acorn - My currently active Xara software: occasionally serviced XDPX, purposely unserviced XDPX12 & XDPX11 (32/64-bit), unserviced XWD Premium 15 & 12, XPGD10, X3D7 and lots of 'permanently-owned' licences back through time (to CC's Artworks)

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Brockville, Ontario, Canada.
    Posts
    4,194

    Default Re: Depixelate

    My take on the question is VERY different ...

    The way I read it, is that raymondnkwuda has a pixelated image and he want to make it clearer/sharper.

    As far as I'm aware it's not possible (depending on the degree of pixelation), although there are some programs that might interpolate between pixels and clean it up somewhat.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    Bracknell, UK
    Posts
    7,981

    Default Re: Depixelate

    Quote Originally Posted by ss-kalm View Post
    My take on the question is VERY different ...

    The way I read it, is that raymondnkwuda has a pixelated image and he want to make it clearer/sharper.

    As far as I'm aware it's not possible (depending on the degree of pixelation), although there are some programs that might interpolate between pixels and clean it up somewhat.
    Of course you can do it - I've seen the fuzzy number plates on the films - they specially process them and the unreadable plate becomes crystal clear and the investigators can read it.

    LOL ;-)

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Posts
    434

    Default Re: Depixelate

    If Ray means that there is a lot of noise in the image, then try NeatImage. Unfortunately, I can't get it to work with Xara.
    John
    Xara DPX(16.2.0.56957)

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    9

    Default Re: Depixelate

    The image in question is blur, so I want to make it sharper and clearer
    Last edited by raymondnkwuda; 04 June 2019 at 10:16 AM. Reason: corection

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    Bracknell, UK
    Posts
    7,981

    Default Re: Depixelate

    Quote Originally Posted by raymondnkwuda View Post
    The image in question is blur, so I want to make it sharper and clearer
    The best you can hope for is to run a sharpen filter on your image using whatever software that you have.

    You can't magically create detail from a blur - just yet anyway.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    9

    Default Re: Depixelate

    Quote Originally Posted by pauland View Post
    The best you can hope for is to run a sharpen filter on your image using whatever software that you have.

    You can't magically create detail from a blur - just yet anyway.
    Ok, Thanks.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    9

    Default Re: Depixelate

    Quote Originally Posted by browj2 View Post
    If Ray means that there is a lot of noise in the image, then try NeatImage. Unfortunately, I can't get it to work with Xara.
    I think, it is compatible with Photoshop as a plugin

 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •