Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Blender 2.8 Beta

Having looked at video's of Blender 2.8 Beta it looks amazing. The real time EEVEE renderer looks out of this world!

The minimum graphics card requirements for Blender have increased to OpenGL core 3.3. Going to have to buy a new graphics card to give it a spin.

I'm crap at 3D software but I love trying to create animations.

This looks so sexy!
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Default Re: Blender 2.8 Beta

I agree, that is something that I want to learn in the near future. I have already done some 3d work but way back with a software called truespace by caligari. It no longer is available. Good luck and keep us posted.

Blender has historically been difficult with user interface and learning curve, but 2.8 is a huge improvement.

Totally agree. You can now select an object with a left mouse click...... Radical
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Youtube Re: Blender 2.8 Beta

I think 2.8 is a huge step forward for Blender acceptance. It still has some bugs to work out though, but I'm finding it far easier to use than ever before. The following animation was done entirely with Blender and Eevee renderer. I used my 2yo laptop for this, not my workstation, and still had render times of around 6 seconds per frame at 1080p resolutions. I don't think there's another render engine out there which can perform like that, at this level of quality, for animation. BTW, the hardware specs here aren't anything special. A 6th gen i7 and a GTX 1070 gpu.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdOLqT7Kr1Y

Nice. I used to do 3D while back, it is fun seeing the computer do all the work,shading, movement although still it requires a lot of work.