Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: What Printer Are You Using

Hi, We are now using the ''New'' Epson ET2550 Printer, and though, it is early days - we do find the results, so far, very print worthy - particularly when in colour. We have also today used it for colour copying in scan mode - so very simple - without having to refer to the manual!

I've just purchased a Canon PIXMA G4200 Megatank. Love it. No more damn cartridges. The last straw was earlier this week when I put $100 worth of cartridges (all 4) in the old printer, ran a few copies through it cleaning the printheads, and was told less than 10 copies later that I was running out of ink ... Also the literature states that the printheads are air sealed so they won't dry up. Not sure how that works, but I'll take their word for it for now!
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

I looked at the Canon but they are only wireless, there is no network connections for Ethernet. This made it a no go.

We went with the ET3750, so far so good. Have run about 120 pages over the last week or so and it appears to work fine with a few envelopes thrown in. There are a couple things that I would like to have different. Like having to select what paper is in the printer every time you change or load paper. Then if this setting does not match what is selected in software you get a notice on the printer that has to be acknowledged. You also have to be careful how you load the paper because it can move when you push the tray into the final position so then you will get an out of paper alarm. Epson needs a stop on the end of the paper to hold it in place.

Ray