Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Forms

Default Forms

I've made form using Simfatic Forms, I'm using Xara website designer 16.
    I have 2 pages at the moment index.html and form.html. Do I make a folder or paceholder to upload simfatic code to? It will upload to form.html but don't see anything. Just wondering if anyone users Simfatic and can help.

Default Re: Forms

I would try the embed code placed in a placeholder and see if that works.

This may sound complicated, but it isn't once you've done it. A few details may be different as I've not used Simfatic itself, but the general gist will be the same.

Find the .html file within the exported form files and open with Notepad (or grab the code directly from Simfatic if it offers it to you)
    Create a Placeholder on the page you want the form to appear by simply drawing a shape (rectangle is the most obvious)
    Click the shape and go to 'Web Properties' > 'Placeholder' > 'HTML Code (body)' and paste the code that is in between <body> Click apply
    Click 'HTML Code (head) and paste the code that is in between <head> Click apply

Upload your form to the same place as your page (same place a form.html in your case),

As I said, I haven't used Simfatic, but this is the method I've used on several other form builders. Hope it's enough for you to tweak the details.

The form will not show when you preview it as the files are not in the preview folder. Publish your site, or, copy the form files to your export folder on your hard drive.

Chris - To add to this, if any folders are created (not sure about forms but apps such as Visual Slideshow create separate folders), then these need to be uploaded to the root director on your web host's server.

And welcome to TalkGraphics Brum.

The one's I've used create a folder and an html file. The folder and file are uploaded to the same place as the page where you want the form to show.

Hi,
    Thanks for help, got it all working now.
    < upload the created form using Simfatic Easy Upload>, then go to the form and follow what Chris M says about making placeholder.

Thanks again.