Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: setting default on line spacing

I do what Egg describes with the exception I leave the text block on the page.
    Save the template, making it my default.
    Close the page and begin a new page with that saved template.
    Delete the text block, then resave the template.
    Exit and when I restart XP&GD (which is what I am using. XDP worked the same for me) the default has the line spacing, font, etc., that I had used in the process.

Mike

No it's not Jono, it retains the style if you set it to one of the default styles i.e. Normal Text

I attach a xar file that I have temporarily saved as my 960px webpage template.

It is set to Georgia, 16px, 400% Line Spacing.

Does this work for you?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Does this work for you?
    Egg, it is exactly as you first described and as far back in saving templates that I can remember.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    No it's not Jono, it retains the style if you set it to one of the default styles i.e. Normal Text

I attach a xar file that I have temporarily saved as my 960px webpage template.

It is set to Georgia, 16px, 400% Line Spacing.

Does this work for you?
    Yes it does, thank you Egg. In my haste I managed to miss the FIVE times you mentioned 'Normal Text'.
    Jon (Jono) Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 19.0.0.64329 DL x64 May 19 2022

Understandable Jono, I find 'Normal Text' odd at times. It often shows a plus (+) symbol after Normal Text although nothing has changed
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Egg, I love you I will have 4 eggs this week

Don't bind yourself up Behzad
    Egg

I've just tried saving as a template, but when I deleted the styled text and saved, it also removed the style. Maybe because the program thinks it hasn't been used, a bit like removing unused named colours.

Leaving some of the styled text somewhere on the pasteboard or page does keep the style.
    Just to confirm Jon's comments, that appears to be the case. Not retaining a copy of a style e.g. 'Eggs text' within the template removes that style. So to retain the Line spacing required stick to the default styles, Heading 1, 2 & 3 and Normal text.
    Egg

Two screen shots after Restarting XP&GD.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture_000076.png 
Views:	56 
Size:	27.0 KB 
ID:	124220

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture_000075.png 
Views:	56 
Size:	27.8 KB 
ID:	124221

It is a right pita the way it works.

But text styles are a pita altogether in Xara products. There should be a text gallery with all the options one sees in the context toolbar. One should be able to set default text properties (all properties for everything) the way some other applications do, which is to set them without a document open, exit and restart.

Failing that, setting or creating such things, removing them and saving as a a template ought to just work.

I used the Egg-modified process I mentioned.

Oh, Even so, when one creates a text block there will be a plus symbol until typing begins.

I've attached my letter-size with bleed template. While it works fine here, I have no idea if it will be right on y'alls computers...

Mike
    Attached Files Attached Files

I like pita with egg