Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Trial Version Not Publishing

I've been using WD Pro 12.62. I just downloaded a trial version of 16.1.0. When I tell v16 to publish, it looks like it's publishing, but the published file never appears at the destination. Is that a feature of using a trial version, or is something else going on???

Default Re: Trial Version Not Publishing

Not 100% sure what's going on but one thing worth a try Harry, close Xara. Right click over the launch icon and select 'Run as Administrator'. Try publishing again.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Are you publishing to the same folder as you looking at? If you are not using Xara or Magix hosting there is an optional sub folder section.

harryd - I assume you are publishing to a web hosting site?

If so, most hosting sites want you to publish your files to a sub-director such as public_html.

Check with your web hosing company and see if this is the case and if yes, what sub folder to publish to.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sub-folder.png 
Views:	62 
Size:	38.5 KB 
ID:	124161  

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    harryd - I assume you are publishing to a web hosting site?

If so, most hosting sites want you to publish your files to a sub-director such as public_html.

Check with your web hosing company and see if this is the case and if yes, what sub folder to publish to.
    I tried setting "run as administrator" but that didn't change anything. I am publishing to the public_html section of my website, the same as I have been doing, and continue to do using WD 12. I'm not doing anything different. WD 16 appears to be publishing, the same as WD 12, but the published files just don't get there.

Harry, try refreshing your Browser Cache (Ctrl+5F)
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I found the files: In my public_html section, there is another sub directory also called public_html, and that's where the WD 16 files are going. So, now I just have to figure out what I'm doing to tell WD 16 to put the files there???

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	XaraWD16.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	168.4 KB 
ID:	124165

Here is a picture from the WD 16 explore web space function (I hope I've done this right?)

That picture is actually showing the public_html subdirectory of the public_html segment of my website.

confused.com
    You appear to have two url's.
    One to the directory:
    http://iyfnzgb.com/Dividenddective.com
    and another to the directory (sub directory?)
    http://iyfnzgb.com/Dividenddective.com/public_html/
    Egg