Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Gradient background in WD10

Hi all. Is there a way to make a two tone background / gradient background full page width in WD10? I need a full page width rectangle which is a different colour on the left and right to go with an image which is overlaid and centralised on the page.

I can create a plain colour rectangle and make the full page width and I can create a gradient in a rectangle, export as bitmap and then click fill browser width but the colouring is in the wrong place when you preview the page.

I know there used to be a way to to it in earlier versions of WD - I used to have to create the background in photoshop and then import. I think it had to be chopped at something like 750px and the left 250 pixels transferred to the right of the image or something like that in order to get a 1000px background which was coloured to line up centralised with the image you wanted in xara. But surely there's an easier way now?

Default Re: Gradient background in WD10

Not 100% sure re what your after Megg but is this any good? By the way for straight forward linear fills it's best not to use bitmaps.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Default Re: Gradient background in WD10

Developing on Egg's simple solution.

If you are genuinely after two-colour gradient then you also need to set the Linear Fade Profile to (0, -1).
    I might also throw in a Linear Vertical Transparency to end at the bottom of the page and it have a Profile (-1, 0).

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat