Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Bug long names and mobile menu

Here is a file created by Gary to demonstrate mobile menu. I just wanted to point out that the name goes off the screen. See below.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_1.png 
Views:	66 
Size:	23.8 KB 
ID:	124138MENU SAMPLE.xar

Default Re: long names and mobile menu

Well self restraint and judicious editing are called for, no?

Actually yes but also no. Xara should think of solution. I like to push the limit Gary

Yes you do.

I have found two workarounds for creating more flexible mobile /hamburger menus (XAR attached):

The first is to create a menu page and have the hamburger point to that page; the upside here is that you can create a mobile menu that looks and behaves the same as your desktop menu. The downside (and it is really not a problem), is that were you to stretch the mobile variant in a browser, you need to decide what happens when it transitions to the desktop variant. Normally, this is very unlikely to occur since the target device adopts the correct variant. The only thing to remember is to delete the link to the menu page in the desktop NavBar. Here is an example https://dstiling.co.uk

The second option is to use a menu layer / MouseOver menu layer which automatically replicates itself across all pages; the hamburger points to the menu layer.

By using either of these two workarounds, you can have any practical length menu names and any number of cascading submenus in any shapes and sizes.
    Attached Files Attached Files

The first is to create a menu page ....
    I much prefer this menu option, it allows you to get decent sized mobile buttons with a large text.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Nice elegant solution.