Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Degenerate Bevel

Dear Xara...

I have a Line to which I have added a Flat bevel.
    For the Bevel, I then applied a Repeating Fill.

If I then change the Line Width to 0pt or None, I get a collection of bevel blobs along the line.
    Fortunately, if I change the Line Width to 1mp or greater, the Bevel remains intact.
    I simply wanted to hide the line itself.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Degenerate Bevel

But you just had to try it, didn't you?

Well here is my interpretation off the effect:
    Draw a line of 1px then do "Ctrl+K" change that to line width (say 5px) move to rear..(change color if ya want) then blend the back line to front line..
    I hope I understood the idea LOL
    Intel i7-2600 processor 3.4GH, Windows 10 64Bit, 12GB Memory, Geforce 960 2Gb graphics card

Top marks for the effort of reporting this Acorn.

I also had to have a go too and experienced a similar result, but just thought "that's a bit weird, oh well, that didn't work".

I also picked a error copy and pasting the attributes of a line with a bevel and repeating fill applied to it, to another line.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bevel-bother.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	50.6 KB 
ID:	124135
    Jon (Jono) Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 19.0.0.64329 DL x64 May 19 2022

Bug Re: Degenerate Bevel

Quote Originally Posted by Jonopen View Post
    Top marks for the effort of reporting this Acorn.

I also had to have a go too and experienced a similar result, but just thought "that's a bit weird, oh well, that didn't work".

I also picked a error copy and pasting the attributes of a line with a bevel and repeating fill applied to it, to another line.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bevel-bother.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	50.6 KB 
ID:	124135
    Cheers Jono, I think the internal program error 956.k.at.pl is related to adding colours to a line when bevelled: Set Line Colour vs. Set Fill Handle Colour.
    Just another Bug.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat