Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Copying Nav Bar get violation error

What's the proper way to copy a nav bar? I want to copy it so that I can change it from a horizontal nav bar to a vertical but I don't want to delete the one I have, just add one similar and keep the same attributes and I'm getting an access violation.

Default Re: Copying Nav Bar get violation error

Sue, as described, that should simply work.

No idea why it isn't other than the usual right-click the application and pick Run as Admin for one session.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thanks, Acorn. It only had the problem with one pre-made from the catalog, just that one. I grabbed another one and it copied just fine.

Odd! Appreciate the thought and will try it...I bet that might work!

Quote Originally Posted by SueB View Post
    Thanks, Acorn. It only had the problem with one pre-made from the catalog, just that one. I grabbed another one and it copied just fine.
    Odd! Appreciate the thought and will try it...I bet that might work!
    Sue, do tell which the duff one was.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Sue, do tell which the duff one was.

Acorn
    I'm not sure but I will include a screen shot. I hate that when I want to grab the same one, I have no idea which one it was! GRRRR.

Is there a way to identify it?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nav bar that would not let me copy it.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	9.4 KB 
ID:	124176

When this happens, and it should not, try creating a new website, copy the nav bar or problem object to the new page and try the operation again. Sometimes a file gets corrupted and if it works in a new document then the problem is with the corrupted file and not the nav bar or problem object.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    When this happens, and it should not, try creating a new website, copy the nav bar or problem object to the new page and try the operation again. Sometimes a file gets corrupted and if it works in a new document then the problem is with the corrupted file and not the nav bar or problem object.
    Tried it, still violation error and does not drop it into the new document.

AND I did try it again in the current website I am working on once more, and it gave me the violation error and then pasted it but it didn't include all the links that I had made into the one I copied.

Sue could you attach xar/web file causing this access violation?
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Happy to give it a try! I have uploaded it but it doesn't show up, says waiting for TalkGraphics and then nothing.
    I have tried as a .web and zipped. I think it's too large. How can I get you a page?
    Sue
    Last edited by SueB; 26 May 2019 at 01:27 PM.

BB.webBB.web
    Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Figured out how to copy 1 page and put into new doc!

So here is a 1 page copy with that nav bar giving me issues! Hope this works!