Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Copying Nav Bar get violation error

Is there a way to identify which Nav Bar that is in the Catalog that we are dealing with?

If I right drag the navbar it copies without issue and I can make it vertical. However, copying either of the navbars produces the error and trying to paste into another web document causes a crash with the attached errors.

I got the usual warnings of link and hover assigned to the same button, but either ignoring or accepting the offer to remove the link made no difference.

As a workaround until something more permanent pops up, why not convert the horizontal to vertical and Save As BBVertical?

(i7, 16GB RAM, GeForce GTX 750 Ti, Win 10 x64) For those looking for hardware comparisons.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Error.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	25.5 KB 
ID:	124186 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Error2.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	16.8 KB 
ID:	124187

Quote Originally Posted by Chris M View Post
    If I right drag the navbar it copies without issue and I can make it vertical. However, copying either of the navbars produces the error and trying to paste into another web document causes a crash with the attached errors.
    I got the usual warnings of link and hover assigned to the same button, but either ignoring or accepting the offer to remove the link made no difference.
    As a workaround until something more permanent pops up, why not convert the horizontal to vertical and Save As BBVertical?
    (i7, 16GB RAM, GeForce GTX 750 Ti, Win 10 x64) For those looking for hardware comparisons.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Error.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	25.5 KB 
ID:	124186 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Error2.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	16.8 KB 
ID:	124187
    Chris, thank you. I automatically right-clicked dragged and dropped; it is the copy & paste that causes the AVE.

Hardware: (i7-5930K, 32GB RAM, GeForce GTX 980, Win 10 x64).

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thanks Sue, I have logged this with our developers to investigate and fix. Rest assured it's 100% not a hardware related issue, your computer is fine!

Thanks
    Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Sue, as described, that should simply work.

No idea why it isn't other than the usual right-click the application and pick Run as Admin for one session.

Acorn
    Customer Support advised running as Admin too. Guess what? Got a different error! Good advise too, Acorn!

Hi Sue,

What different error did you get? Don't suppose you remember the name of the support person that asked you to Run as Admin also do you?

Thanks
    Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Rob-Xar View Post
    Hi Sue,

What different error did you get? Don't suppose you remember the name of the support person that asked you to Run as Admin also do you?

Thanks
    Rob
    I will attach screen shot I sent them with the error code. And yes, Marie Sevcikova is the support person who signed the email.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	copy and paste as administrator.PNG 
Views:	56 
Size:	52.0 KB 
ID:	124201

Ah ok cool still an access violation

I'll send Marie a message on when she gets things like Access Violations come through.

Thanks
    Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Rob-Xar View Post
    Ah ok cool still an access violation

I'll send Marie a message on when she gets things like Access Violations come through.

Thanks
    Rob

What does that mean "on when she gets things like Access Violations?"

Her next message, FYI, is for me to uninstall and reinstall Xara!

I don't mind doing that, but what all is your take on this?

Quote Originally Posted by SueB View Post
    What does that mean "on when she gets things like Access Violations?"

Her next message, FYI, is for me to uninstall and reinstall Xara!

I don't mind doing that, but what all is your take on this?
    Meaning on what to do when she gets a document that produces an access violation.

Reinstalling won't make a difference. I've logged the bug with the developers, although I can't say when it will be fixed.

In the meantime I would probably suggest recreating your NavBar to fix the issue.

Thanks
    Rob