Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Blur Shadow

Default Re: Blur Shadow

does not happen in ver 11 egg.... so my recollection was not accurate [as if ]
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

The ability to apply a gradient transparency and then group and apply a second transparency has been around for many versions now. And you still can do this. I just tried it.

But for some reason not with a converted to editable shapes glow shadow.

I just tried this with a floor shadow, and I suspect it will happen with any shadow that has had a gradient rainbow fill applied, ungrouped, the bitmap grouped and a new gradient applied.

the trick of grouping a normal object with itself to apply another transparency only works the once - then you have to group it with another object in order to get a third gradient [and so on] - the classic way [for me anyway] was to clone the object make the clone no outline and no fill object, group and apply new transparency gradient

I tried this on the glow - sometimes it worked sometimes not, couldn't see a pattern.. it is being 'contrary' and maybe should go in dear xara - might be a simple answer but I have not found any such

oh and each time the program crashed it sent three seperate reports to microsoft.. I do hope they appreciate them
    Nothing lasts forever...

oh and silly me I forgot something important

this appears to happen with any object that has a bitmap fill where the fill bitmap has alpha, not just glow

so I'm guessing that integration of the existing bitmap fill alpha, and the newly applied gradient transparency [alpha], is broken - it does not happen in ver 11
    Nothing lasts forever...