Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Encoding email address

Can someone help me? I am encoding an email address with Em@ilEncoder2.0 and when putting in the code into the html body with a placeholder and viewing it, it drops the word "email" which is my placeholder onto the next line. I've tried a few things but can't figure out why it's dropping it to the next line when there is plenty of room on the page for the text. I can't show you the page because it's redoing my website and it's not live.

Here's the coding..
    <script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript"> <!--document.write('<a href=" &#109;&#97;&#105;&#108;&#116;&#111;&#58;&#115;&#11 7;&#115;&#97;&#110;&#110;&#64;&#98;&#111;&#100;&#9 7;&#99;&#105;&#111;&#117;&#115;&#98;&#101;&#97;&#1 14;&#100;&#105;&#101;&#115;&#46;&#99;&#111;&#109"> email</a>');
    // --> </script>

Info Re: Encoding email address

Sue, your code won't work as presented as it is all REMmed out; the <!-- ... --> is a comment section.

HTML Code:
    <script>document.write('<a href="&#109;&#97;&#105;&#108;&#116;&#111;&#58;&#115;&#117;&#115;&#97;&#110;&#110;&#64;&#98;&#111;&#100;&#97;&#99;&#105;&#111;&#117;&#115;&#98;&#101;&#97;&#114;&#100;&#105;&#101;&#115;&#46;&#99;&#111;&#109">email</a>');</script>
    Nothing I do to the placeholder will cause the email link to drop down.

Acorn
    Last edited by Acorn; 20 May 2019 at 08:41 PM.
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Encoding email address

If you link to Send e-mail and then use your email address for the link, Xara automatically encodes your email without any additional script.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    If you link to Send e-mail and then use your email address for the link, Xara automatically encodes your email without any additional script.
    Gary, good catch,
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Well, Acorn, you know I must have done something wrong then. Everything I did dropped it. I see you wrote something else...will give that a shot.

I tried this but when you hover, you still see the info. How do I know it's encoded?

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post

It actually does work in all my sites but this one with Xara. In Dreamweaver, works like a charm! You can't view where it's going but when you click on it, it works! Used it for years!
    Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Sue, your code won't work as presented as it is all REMmed out; the <!-- ... --> is a comment section.

HTML Code:
    <script>document.write('<a href="mailto:susann@bodaciousbeardies.co&#109">email</a>');</script>
    Nothing I do to the placeholder will cause the email link to drop down.

Acorn

Sue, just try what Gary suggested and view the source code; Xara does it automatically.

Acorn

Wow, I am so impressed. Who would have known!! Now one question, when I view the source, looks like I am looking at all my pages that I am making and not just the one page. Is that correct? And please forgive me if I am wrong..since this is my 1st time doing this in XARA!
    Sue, just try what Gary suggested and view the source code; Xara does it automatically.

Acorn

Acorn
    I think Sue is trying to remove the tag that shows the email address when you hover over the link, but not sure why. If someone wants to know the address all they have to do is click the link and it shows in the client anyway...unless I'm running up the wrong path.