Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default WHITE SPACE ISSUE HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

can anyone tell me how to add anything (such as text or image) to white space on side of web page. White space is known as the sides of the webpage. Perhaps known to other Xara users as background or pasteboard. So if my webpage is 1280 w by whatever. the space to each side of webpage. Not not to change back ground but to add an image square or something.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	white space.jpg 
Views:	186 
Size:	41.8 KB 
ID:	124077   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	white space example.jpg 
Views:	189 
Size:	41.5 KB 
ID:	124078  

Default Re: WHITE SPACE ISSUE HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

Welcome to TG, uscars. Unlock the 'Pasteboard background' layer and place a white rectangle on it. Right-click and select 'Repeat on all pages'.

Also try unticking Web Properties > Website > Other > Clip to page edges and Web Stricky/Stretchy Properties > Full Width.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Oops, I forgot to include the first part of Acorn's information. Not unticking 'Clip to page edges' will hide the rectangle.

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Also try unticking Web Properties > Website > Other > Clip to page edges and Web Stricky/Stretchy Properties > Full Width.

Acorn
    XWDP 16.1 I see no 'Other' under the Website tab.

Scratch the above, I found it. Staring at me and chuckling quietly to itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris M View Post
    Scratch the above, I found it. Staring at me and chuckling quietly to itself.
    Perhaps get Xara to add it to the copious list of small changes so it it flashes at you?

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Make the background the color you want (right click off the page and select Pasteboard Background > Edit Pasteboard Color.

Then set the page color to none. The background color will extend as wide as the browser screen.

Good advice but that's not really the result the OP is after.