Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Version Confusion...Please Help!

Hi everyone,

Ok so this is a different type of question. Recently I had to reformat my PC. I backed everything up as usual, including all my programs, etc. I got everything back into the computer, nice and clean, but....When I opened up my Xara Designer Pro X, every single website I had created opens with a warning that "the file was produced by a different or newer version of the program. It contains some data that will be ignored." I don't understand. I have gone into my online account with Xara/Magix and checked all my product purchases and it seems like I am using the most current one. BUT, I have bought in the PRO X line: Pro X9, ProX10, ProX11...Where does PRO X 365 Fall? I have that one too but not sure what actual version that is. If I click on the version I currently have installed it shows as: Xara Designer Pro X 12.6.0.49270 DL x64 Mar 30 2017. I feel like I purchased a newer version but I can't find it anywhere, not in my saved downloads folder or online in my account. But apparently I used a newer version for all my latest creations!

Is there a way to find out what "newer" version was used on any given website. I can't seem to find an answer in the program anywhere. Clicking Document Info (under File) doesn't seem to give me answers either...neither did contacting the tech dept at Xara, I hadn't heard back from them at all.

Does anyone have any idea's on this weird problem.

Thanks in advance for any direction you point me in.

Tazz

Default Re: Version Confusion...Please Help!

It is a bit confusing for sure as the version number is not always clear in the name.

PRO X 365 for me is v12.x after that I was on 15.1 and now there is v16. Not sure if any other versions in between.

Someone might be able to figure it out what version was used if you share the Generator meta tag in the html source code.
    XT-CMS - a self-hosted CMS for Xara Designers - Xara + CMS Demo with blog & ecommerce shopping cart system.

Quote Originally Posted by xtom View Post
    It is a bit confusing for sure as the version number is not always clear in the name.

PRO X 365 for me is v12.x after that I was on 15.1 and now there is v16. Not sure if any other versions in between.

Someone might be able to figure it out what version was used if you share the Generator meta tag in the html source code.
    Thanks xtom for your reply...

I was thinking about just plunking down the $129 upgrade fee and call it a day at this point. I have been procrastinating as to if it was worth the chunk of change or not, and to this point, I was going with "not" just to save my money haha...maybe this is now the push over the edge I needed. It's driving me crazy that I can't seem to put my finger on what the heck newer version I "supposedly" used for all my websites. It just doesn't make sense at all. I wasn't too worried, but mystified, until I got to the line that says, "some data will be ignored". That's alarming. The source code might be the answer to the question though, great thought! My other thought was, maybe there was an automatic update some where along the line that updated my program, but because the updates on that version have since expired, after a format, I no longer have it, nor can I get it. {{HEAD SCRATCHER}}

Thank you again for your insight!

I am afraid you got caught by the Xara Update Service. If you are out of cover then you only get your original download, even if there were a number of bug fixes available.
    I believe the latest version you could have had would be v12.8.1. If you designed in that then v12.6.0 will moan about your designs being from a later version.

I believe there was a free upgrade path to v15 so it might be possible to download that version and use the same email and licence number to get that working. Do not uninstall the one you have; both will work alongside the other.
    https://www.xara.com/us/designer-pro/download/ does not show v15 so ask for a download link.
    Personally, I would raise a ticket with Xara/Magix and explain the PC had to be reformatted and why should you be so penalised.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat