Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Both Desktop & Mobile Display Simulraneously

I built a new page by duplicating an old one and replacing the old contents with new stuff. Everything works fine when I test the page using the Preview function and then call up Chrome from the Xara work page. However, when I publish the page and then view the online published version, both the desktop and mobile versions display simultaneously. Here's an example.

https://dividenddetective.com/reit_d...thcaretest.htm

I already have several pages working correctly, but this has happened before and I fixed it by redoing the whole page. Any ideas?

Harry
    Last edited by gwpriester; 14 May 2019 at 01:01 AM. Reason: linked link

Default Re: Both Desktop & Mobile Display Simulraneously

I tested this link in my desktop browser and then squeezed the page width to the mobile variant and both look fine to me.

Works fine for me too when I test it on my laptop, so it must be something with my Chrome browser???

I've mentioned this before, Chrome is shocking at letting go of cached data. Refreshing just doesn't cut it with Chrome.

Within Chrome, go to Settings > Privacy and clear out the cache.

It was definitely the particular version of Chrome that was running on my desktop. I'd hate to tell you how many hours I've wasted chasing what I thought was a Xara problem that turned out to be a Chrome issue.