Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: I would like to avoid certain pages being published - How ?

Thank you gwpriester. I didn't realise by double clicking on the "Site Menu" icon the links appeared, and yes the page was there ! I deleted and all's well.
    Regards
    Joned

Make the hard ones look easy and the easy ones look hard. Glad I could help.

Thank you gwpriester.
    This has done the trick, I didn't realise right clicking on the Site Menu showed the page links etc. I looked at the Main Page and there wasn't a link but on the Mobile page there was ! All's well now !
    I like the functuality of the Xara program, but I think it's going to be a long learning curve to produce a website that matches my imagination !
    I'll plod on and hopefully the forum won't get too annoyed at my questions (I will do a search first for the answers first).
    Regards
    Joned

We're all here (volunteers) to help. And the best way to learn is to forge ahead, make mistakes, ask questions, and at some point it all becomes clear.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    and at some point it all becomes clear.
    I have so many quips...

My answer was similar, but much more gracious. Of course, do what you choose, but this is how I do things.

Most servers have a dedicated ip because you may have bought one for SEO purposes. If you didn't, that's fine.

I publish the full site locally and ftp to a folder that I create on the server. The resulting url has the format, http://nnn.nnn.nnn.nnn/e58uefjiAgjy/mysite.com/ I do nothing special, other than use the direct IP followed by some construed folder name, followed by the name of the site (which is a folder [the location that I ftp to]).

It usually doesn't take long to test the new 'full' published site, and if you're paranoid you can change the obscured folder name daily.

ymmv