Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Some fonts screwed up in Google Chrome, but other browsers OK

I did as you suggested, but it's not refreshing from the server. This is how it's supposed to look.https://letstalk.tinytake.com/tt/Mzg0NDk3OV8xMTc1Njg5MwThis is how it's showing it online.https://letstalk.tinytake.com/tt/Mzg0NDk4NF8xMTc1NjkyOAThis is the website I'm testing these issues on, with a refresh button on the top right side.https://www.madaboutmolds.com/Troubleshooting.htm[of coarse this will correct after the 4 to 24 hours cache refresh it seems to be doing.Do you see anything else I can do to make this work right? Or anything I'm doing wrong? I'll do whatever it takes for this to look good for my Clients.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Google Fonts.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	66.8 KB 
ID:	125421

I tested your link in Chrome 78.0.3904.70; if I understand correctly what you are looking to see, this is it. Try a further upload to your host and immediately test your site from another device (not your laptop/PC) and establish whether the same error occurs. This will give you a clue whether it is server-side or client-side.

Maybe post your .XAR test file and members here can confirm that it publishes correctly (and is immediately visible without error), on theirs or a Magic server.

Further thought - some of the known Google font issues are related to the Chrome 2D flag https://coderwall.com/p/9tecwq/fix-p...ome-on-windows.

Check URL=Chrome://flags

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Google Fonts_2D Canvas.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	69.1 KB 
ID:	125422

Try disabling Accelerated 2D Canvas and see if this resolves your browser issue; if not, reset 'Enabled'. I think I read in the threat you have had this problem for a while.

Marjorie, just to confirm the troubleshooting page looked fine on first opening for me.
    Could you now make a change to it and upload that change?
    That way I will be able to see if the change appears right away or needs the Refresh.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Hey thank you so much for the information and additional things to try. Yes this screenshot is the correct view of the site, however when it's displaying wrong www.geopeeker.com is also showing it wrong, so it's not just me seeing it the wrong way. I tried to view from my cell phone, but this website has a mobile version of the website so it doesn't do any good since that's WD mobile variant. I have over 30 client websites I am currently maintaining and it happens on them whether they are created from a blank page or a template.I also tested your idea with the “Turn on ClearType” and also the "Accelerated 2D Canvas" without any solution to this issue. I have a feeling the files are not over-writing the old files correctly, or the cache filkes do not clear out. I don't know, but I have five different browsers all showing the same results, so I do not think it's the browser. Clearing the cache does not help. Just time clears it out. Would my internet provider have any settings to clear out cache? Or CloudFlare for SSL? Another thing that has sometimes helped [but not consistently) is coping the web-page address to a new tab and adding the https/ to the address so it comes directing from the root [or whatever that means] read it on a Google search result and he was sure it helped him with his cache issues.

Yes, I sure can. Try it again now, please.https://www.madaboutmolds.com/Troubleshooting.htm

Either of your first two examples, aside from the size issue Arial is a Helvetica like sans serif and it shows as a serif font, probably Times Roman.

In Australia, your website displays perfectly, showing the Arial and Open Sans fonts and sitting within the page size correctly. However, when viewing it on geopeeker the whole site is in Times Roman or Georgia and the titles and text over run in the green border, or get cut off, so I would question the accurracy of Geopeeker as it is not accurately showing how your site is displaying for me on my computer here in Australia. When I put some of my sites through Geopeeker yesterday it showed every single site displaying in Times Roman or Georgia, and with the overun/cut off of text etc, even though in most of them the main fonts are Arial and Open Sans, which are websafe fonts and should embed in the site and display accurately. My cousin in Manchester checks my sites for me after I have made them, and they have all displayed accurately there, but Geopeeker displays all of them incorrectly. I have just looked at some of Gary's websites on my screen here in Australia, all displaying beautifully, but when put through Geopeeker the fonts are also changed to TR/Georgia. So I wouldn't rely on Geopeeker to see how your sites are displaying for site visitors around the world as it is clearly not accurate.
    Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders and says, 'Oh s$%#t....she's awake!'

Yes, I see that my example was a mistake, but the general idea comes across right?

Not sure what you mean Marjorie. Your site is perfect here, but geokeeper shows it is not. So the problem is with geokeeper and not your website. The google support I communicated with a couple of years ago said the incorrect displaying of fonts and elements after a change is definitely a search engine caching issue as they are so efficient at embedding the data, and there is not much that can be done about that. I also make sites in Wordpress, WooCom and Weebly and the mish mash after updating is not suppose to happen in these as they are auto update as you make the changes, but it still does, most especially in the mobile display.
    Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders and says, 'Oh s$%#t....she's awake!'