Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
    Kington, Herefordshire. I used to live on a boat on the English waterways

Default Serious Error in Designer Pro X

I had just copied a block of text from a spreadsheet (LibreOffice) into DP X and the it completely lock up (not the whole computer, just DP) telling me that a serious error has occurred and could I please send in an error report. The answer has to be "no" because nothing about DP is responding, including the buttons on the error box. I rather think that I am going to have to kill the programme with CTR ALT DEL. I con't terminate it in any other way!

Shucks!!

N
    IP

Default Re: Serious Error in Designer Pro X

I have got rid of it. I wonder if I can replicate the fault...
    IP

Sometimes things like this are a one off. Something gets corrupted and makes everything lock up or crash.

Try to do the same thing you did and see if this products the same problem. And document your steps.

Also is this a print or a web problem. You have posted in the web design forum but this could also be a print problem. If needs be we can move this thread.
    IP

Theo, there is usually a pop-under box that needs to be closed before you can re-engage with DP.
    Getting to it is the fun part.

On your issue, you may have accidentally copied in the entire sheet (I have) and Xara will lock up as it does not have the memory to handle the conversion or it time locks.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat
    IP

Thanks both
    IP