Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Repeating Popup Layer

Is there a way to set a popup layer to repeat on all pages like you would a single object? (right click, 'Repeat On All Pages)

Example a sub menu. 5 pages all with the same popup layer. Move one to the left and you have to move all 5 individually...or do you?

Default Re: Repeating Popup Layer

Perhaps I misunderstand the setup you described but you can make the contents of the popup layer repeating, can't you?

Now I feel a complete idiot. I've done over 20 sites and always tried to make the layer itself repeating, not the contents.
    Making the contents repeat automatically creates the layer on all pages. Blindingly obvious now.

My brain was like one of those toy robots that hits a wall but carries on walking anyway...for at least two years!

I feel for you. Share your 20 sites in the gallery. ☺

Quote Originally Posted by behzad View Post
    I feel for you. Share your 20 sites in the gallery. ☺
    It's amazing how you get stuck in a single thought pattern. It's like digging a hole deeper, convinced you'll reach the top.

I started doing sites with my daughter so she could present her homework. Long story but she did distance education and fought the system all the way. I'll post of few of the more different-to-the-norm ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris M View Post
    Now I feel a complete idiot.
    No need for that. I have had such blackouts and many others here too. Just ask around...

You having a brain fart means the rest of us learn something new.

I never knew that you could share the contents of a pop layer. It just never occurred to me to even try this.

Ray

Quote Originally Posted by RKissane View Post
    You having a brain fart means the rest of us learn something new.Ray
    Xara's a bit like my wife, I'll never know everything and the inner workings will always remain a mystery.

I use then when creating menus for mobile variants. I create the menu on a menu layer, link all the buttons, then set all the contents to repeat on all pages. And it seems to work.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    I use then when creating menus for mobile variants. I create the menu on a menu layer, link all the buttons, then set all the contents to repeat on all pages. And it seems to work.
    This is what I was doing and, as you say, it works. However, as I've just discovered, the magic isn't all powerful.

If you don't plan well (which I don't) and you realise that you want an effect on the popups, you would wander happily into the 'Settings' of the 'Pop-up Layer' and do whatever it is you want to do...this does not repeat on all the others.

Note to self: Plan ahead like a normal person would.