Under another name, Xara is product that I helped to develop, via the original beta program, long before you sold it to Corel, then got it back again. I always thought it was an absolutely brilliant idea, and have stuck with it from then to now.

However, I am so disappointed with the path taken concerning the on-line version, that I am seriously considering jumping ship. The reason for this is the subscription model. Please don’t tell me I can use the freebie version, as something that forces me to advertise your product is not free at all. I would happily buy a mobile/ iPad version of Xara Web Designer and/or other products for a one-off fixed fee, and might upgrade periodically, if what was offered looked useful to me. But I will not ‘rent’ software at any price, for the simple reasons that 1) if I don’t use it for a couple of months, I am still paying for that time, and 2) Web-based products are entirely at the discretion of the company, and obviously out of reach in the event of an outage.

I would, therefore, ask you to reconsider offering iPad friendly versions, at one time prices. If not, then regretfully, I will be looking elsewhere. For example, Wolf Website Designer 2, which offers a lot for a reasonable price.

Nathan Brazil