-------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Default Re: Why I may abandon Xara

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    as I understand it this:

https://wolf.aidaluu.com/
    Thank you. I'll pass on that!

well I don't have a mac nor an ipad and I don't build websites.. so I guess me neither...

I may be wrong, but I thought webmasters invested a lot of time in a particular set of software and switching to something else would be difficult if not cause for serious lack of sleep - that would certainly be the case for me if I had to switch from using Toon Boom Harmony or SAI
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    well I don't have a mac nor an ipad and I don't build websites.. so I guess me neither...

I may be wrong, but I thought webmasters invested a lot of time in a particular set of software and switching to something else would be difficult if not cause for serious lack of sleep - that would certainly be the case for me if I had to switch from using Toon Boom Harmony or SAI
    It all depends. For simpler sites it's not so critical, but if you've made a site with one product, you can't make a simple mod with another.

I once met a developer that hand-coded their sites.

8 months ago I bought 'Touchbase Form Builder' from Aidaluu. There were a lot of quirks in the UI but it produced smart results. The major problem was it wouldn't work with Captcha if the form was embedded, nor would it save a project file if there was more than 1 column. There was also a ton of annoying things like the font list not being alphabetical and repeating random sections of fonts.

I emailed Aidaluu listing the two major problems and made another list of 'would be nice if'. They replied thanking me for the suggestions and that was that. 2 months later nothing had changed and I uninstalled. I also had a 2 minute look at their email designer but didn't get past the phrase 'monthly subscription'.

Quote Originally Posted by pauland View Post
    ... I once met a developer that hand-coded their sites.
    I used to hand code all mine ... 20+ years ago ... however what HTML was capable of was much different then. Now, it's just not feasible.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

I can empathise with that... when I think of what I can do with harmony node system as opposed to 'hand drawn' cells I used to do [there's a surprise ]
    Last edited by handrawn; 10 May 2019 at 08:38 AM. Reason: still cant spell though
    Nothing lasts forever...

hmm... �� Well, I don't know how well it would work, but if in the same position as the OP, I would install Xara Pro X locally on a strong PC and remotely access it with a pad, mac, or whatever -- your own self-hosted cloud! ��

I access my server with my android a lot, and everything works great... just like having Windows 10 and Windows Server 2016 both on my android at the same time.

... and Speedtest.net... mm mm mmm. Over 300 Mbps up and down, easy!