-------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Default Re: Why I may abandon Xara

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    as I understand it this:

https://wolf.aidaluu.com/
    Thank you. I'll pass on that!

well I don't have a mac nor an ipad and I don't build websites.. so I guess me neither...

I may be wrong, but I thought webmasters invested a lot of time in a particular set of software and switching to something else would be difficult if not cause for serious lack of sleep - that would certainly be the case for me if I had to switch from using Toon Boom Harmony or SAI
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    well I don't have a mac nor an ipad and I don't build websites.. so I guess me neither...

I may be wrong, but I thought webmasters invested a lot of time in a particular set of software and switching to something else would be difficult if not cause for serious lack of sleep - that would certainly be the case for me if I had to switch from using Toon Boom Harmony or SAI
    It all depends. For simpler sites it's not so critical, but if you've made a site with one product, you can't make a simple mod with another.

I once met a developer that hand-coded their sites.

8 months ago I bought 'Touchbase Form Builder' from Aidaluu. There were a lot of quirks in the UI but it produced smart results. The major problem was it wouldn't work with Captcha if the form was embedded, nor would it save a project file if there was more than 1 column. There was also a ton of annoying things like the font list not being alphabetical and repeating random sections of fonts.

I emailed Aidaluu listing the two major problems and made another list of 'would be nice if'. They replied thanking me for the suggestions and that was that. 2 months later nothing had changed and I uninstalled. I also had a 2 minute look at their email designer but didn't get past the phrase 'monthly subscription'.

Quote Originally Posted by pauland View Post
    ... I once met a developer that hand-coded their sites.
    I used to hand code all mine ... 20+ years ago ... however what HTML was capable of was much different then. Now, it's just not feasible.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

I can empathise with that... when I think of what I can do with harmony node system as opposed to 'hand drawn' cells I used to do [there's a surprise ]
    Last edited by handrawn; 10 May 2019 at 07:38 AM. Reason: still cant spell though
    Nothing lasts forever...