Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Graphics great, no audio icons appear

Xara365/64: This is the strangest. When I do a Page Preview the icons appear and play audio. When I upload to the WEBsite they don't even show, so I'm not sure how to correct the issue. This is what I get in the Pace Holder, and it would appear everything is not there, but they play fine in the Web Page Preview. This is what is showing, "<div id="633644bf-5685-4fe1-8553-3f09a294a3e9"></div>." Thoughts on this appreciated. Thanks.
    Wichitaito: "Everything is Everything"

Default Re: Graphics great, no audio icons appear

Quote Originally Posted by GiddyupGilbert View Post
    Xara365/64: This is the strangest. When I do a Page Preview the icons appear and play audio. When I upload to the WEBsite they don't even show, so I'm not sure how to correct the issue. This is what I get in the Pace Holder, and it would appear everything is not there, but they play fine in the Web Page Preview. This is what is showing, "<div id="633644bf-5685-4fe1-8553-3f09a294a3e9"></div>." Thoughts on this appreciated. Thanks.
    GuG, a Placeholder with code <div></div> will display nothing at all.
    If this code is in the body of the Placeholder, what is in the head part?
    If you are seeing and hearing nothing then the upload is not happening properly.

Provide the website URL and it can be checked.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    GuG, a Placeholder with code <div></div> will display nothing at all.
    If this code is in the body of the Placeholder, what is in the head part?
    If you are seeing and hearing nothing then the upload is not happening properly.

Provide the website URL and it can be checked.

Acorn
    It is www.programmersdigest.com

Thanks Acorn

It is www.programmersdigest.com
    Thanks Acorn
    You appear not to have jQuery correctly loaded (Magix Player requires it). It is referenced but does not appear in your index_htm_files/ folder; ditto xr_fonts.css & highslide.css.
    I suspect you have some wrongly terminated code in a Placeholder somewhere.

http://www.programmersdigest.com/ind...s/xr_files.txt is deficient these, and possibly other things, in the manifest.

Sorry I can't be more precise.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I suppose I'll have to figure out how to load jQuery. I presume that has to be loaded in the Place Holder of each audio that's inserted.

I suppose I'll have to figure out how to load jQuery. I presume that has to be loaded in the Place Holder of each audio that's inserted.
    GuG, I believe that whatever you are doing to upload your content is not picking up everything it should.

Are you using a separate FTP program?

Acorn

I'm using the built in FTP in Xara. Should I be using File Zilla after exporting WEBsite to a folder, say on my desktop? Thanks Acorn.

I did that and the audio works fine. However, when I exported the WEBsite it created an index for each of the subpages, and it's never done that before. It's been my experience that that there is to be only one index file. At the moment I have five sub pages. Any thoughts on that?

I'm using the built in FTP in Xara. Should I be using File Zilla after exporting WEBsite to a folder, say on my desktop? Thanks Acorn.
    GuG, if you export to a local filestore folder, do the audios and controls all work as expected?

Acorn

I did that and the audio works fine. However, when I exported the WEBsite it created an index for each of the subpages, and it's never done that before. It's been my experience that that there is to be only one index file. At the moment I have five sub pages. Any thoughts on that?
    GuG, you've forgotten or didn't bother to give each page its own filename. Xara simply clones the available filename and increments to the next letter in the alphabet:

index.htm
    index-a a.htm
    index-b a.htm
    index-c a.htm
    index-d a.htm
    index-e a.htm

What is has not done is create a separate asset folder for each (e.g., it is still ../index_htm_files/ folder).

Acorn
    Last edited by Acorn; 07 May 2019 at 03:30 PM.